Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Portland Spirit Cruise




The property management company I work for has an anual awards dinner, usually in mid-december. This year we had it on the Portland Spirit, a ship that cruises up and down the Willamette river. I love boats, so I was super excited for this night, and even more excited to have a date with Dan. (We're not very good about Friday date nights, so it really is a specialy night when we can go out) The dinner was delicious and it was fun to see the holiday boats pass by. We have some friends in the ward, who are also the same year of dental students as us, who started managing apartments in the middle or the year, who went with us. I'm so glad Melinda and Russell were there, because we were stuck on that boat for 3 1/2 hours! It was nice to have the company, especially when things on the boat were getting a little crazy as the other passengers increased their alcohol levels. :) We passed the boat dock several times, each time hoping that we would finally stop. Oh well. It was still nice to have a night out, and even better, a delicious free dinner.

2 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! I love being able to get a night away. We're not very good with date nights either. Being in Puerto Rico away from family makes that kind of difficult. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

tawna said...

YOU CHOPPED YOUR HAIR! YOU SAID NOTHING ABOUT THIS!!! Shaaaaaaaame. CUte necklace though. :)