


On New Year's eve we went to the Portland Science museum, called OMSI. I'd been there once with my parents almost a year ago, but Dan has never been. Sad, I know, especially since we have a pass that expires in March! I love science museums, but find I don't get out as much from them when I have to keep track of two little kids, instead of reading all the cool info and trying out the demonstrations. My favorite thing at the OMSI is the baby display. They have taken real fetus's (feti?) from 10 weeks up to 32 weeks and put them in display cases at abou 2 week intervals. It's a little creepy at first, but so amazing to watch the development of a baby.
On the other end of the human life spectrum, is my second favorite thing at OMSI. It's this computer program taht shows you what you could look like 30 years down the road. Of course, you can't take it too literaly, but it was fun to have a glimpse in the future. These are pictures of what we are supposed to look like in our 50's. Definitly a motivator to put on sunscreen, exercise, drink water, and whatever I possibly can to stay young!
8 comments:
Those pictures are so creepy looking! Yeah right like you'd look like that in 30 years. I love science museums too, how fun!
I have to agree with Emily those were pretty creepy. I wish they had fun things like that around here. It looked like a lot of fun.
um- chels looks like a cute baby grandma, dan looks pretty handsome, but you, my dear sister- you look....well, awful. Probably because you're not smiling. Least I hope that's why. :P
te he heeee.
Lol, I know Tawna. I wasn't ready for teh camera to shoot as I was still trying to figure out the controls, and it just went off. I was going to try to retake it, but there was already a line for the machine. However, I DO need to smile more...my life challenge. :)
The pictures of you and your family all wrinkley are so funny ... especially Chelsea's. Hilarious!
Dude. Real HUMAN fetuses? I think I would bawl like a baby. I wonder where those babies came from ... someone obviously had to have lost a baby. I don't think I could give it to a science museum to display.
My sister lost a baby at 29 weeks. He lived for a few minutes. I could not believe how tiny he was when I saw him ... and yet, he had all 10 toes, fingers, finger nails, hair, a tiny nose ... everything. It IS truly amazing. They are miraculous!
Janette,
that's how I felt too. It toom me several visits to not get teary eyed. Itis very sad that these little precious babies didn't make it. I feels for anypne that has ever miscarried. I hope that is something I never have to go through!
That's hilarious! Those pictures are so darn funny, and I doubt that you'll look like that. I love Tawna's comment about the "cute baby grandma!" We used to go to the OMSI when we lived in Oregon. Fun!
TOO FUNNY! Tawna's comment hit right on. . . but made me laugh like crazy. Thanks for having the guts to post these online!
Post a Comment