
So, I dressed up as the "Friendly Lady", something I remember my mom doing when I was in primary. My friend Andrea has an awesome collection of costumes, so it was fun to go through her stuff to find my new look. A few minutes into the activity I introduced as a special guest, but before I could say anything, a very bright 5 yr old boy shouted out "Your just Chelsea's mom with a wig!" I was secretly hoping I could fool them, but I guess they are just too smart. Of course, it didn't help when Michael ran up to me while I was talking with the kids and said "Mama!"
We had a great morning! There were four different stations. The first station was the favorite, since it involved food of course! They made snowballs for the kitchen craft. These are just ricekrispy treats rolled into balls and then rolled in powder sugar.

At another station they read a story from the friend and then drew pictures to submit to the Friend Magazine for the "creative Friends" section.

They also learned a new song that was featured in the January issue about the plan of salvation.

Then we made the Book of Mormon reading chart, that is also in the January issue, together.

At the end we took a group picture to also submit to the Friend. I love my calling and have so much fun with it, but I'm most grateful for the presidency I work with and the support we have in our ward. Our primary is tiny, but we have a good time!
4 comments:
How fun. I'm actually in the primary presidency in our ward too, except I get released tomorrow. Our primary exploded last year, and our tiny building barely has enough rooms to hold them all. Great job with the activity. I LOVE your costume! What a great idea.
Your costume rocked! Isn't Andrea great! I borrowed some of her clothes when I dressed up to be Emma. Our primary is very small, but you all do such a great job and I'm sure the kids have a blast!
Ah- I always wondered what you would look like if you actually fit in with our sisterhood....Not too bad. But a little scary nonetheless. :)
Love you! :P
Trisa--you look just like one of "us" now! So cute! It sounds like a FANTASTIC activity--and, I shouldn't put this on the internet for everyone to read, but, I bet the kids had more fun doing this than they would with your first option. You are awesome! Totally my hero.
Post a Comment