Monday, January 7, 2008

Michael speaks out...



Due to the new year, our ward now meets at the glorious time from 3 to 6PM. (Please tell me you hear the sarcasm). The last time we had this time frame, 3 years ago, we had kids dropping like flies in primary. They would just fall out of their chairs, fast asleep. Okay, since I'm talking about church, I guess I should be honest. There was just one little boy who did that, but it happened several times, and you could tell there were others just moments away.

Anyway, Michael did pretty good durring sacrament meeting. As long as there are plenty of snacks, he is happy. We try not to bring out the snacks until after the sacrament is passed. I try to whisper in Michael's ears what is going on. I point at the boys and tell him they are blessing the bread and water, etc. As soon as I said bread, Michael got all excited and started yelling "FOOD! FOOD! FFFFFOOOOOOOODDDD!" I swear we fed him before we left, but maybe we underestimated his appetite. I had to calm him down by reassuring him they would be coming by us too. Luckily we were on the back pew, so we got to go first. :)

After sacrament meeting is over, he is the first out of the chapel, yelling and running down the hall saying "Church! Church!" and knows right where the nursery door is. We have an AWESOME nursery program. Thank goodness! :)

5 comments:

Benson Fam said...

I feel your pain. Well, not yet because yesterday was fabulous but I can assure you that there will be plenty of pain ahead of us! Gotta love how kids are so willing to say EXACTLY what they are thinking! Kind of wish we could all be a mellowed down version of them!

Michelle said...

That made me laugh out loud. I am glad that my boys haven't done anything too embarrassing yet. They have however turned off all the lights during the middle of sacrament meeting though. Michael is so cute!

Emily said...

That is so funny! That's so nice that he loves nursery so much. I wish Katie did, but our nursery isn't the greatest.

Perry Parents said...

That is so so funny. I would have never thought Michael would do that! Food, Food, Food! Ha. That is cute!

Gary Church said...

Dude, church IS so hard! Ours is 1-4 now, and I swear no matter what time our church is at, we'll always think another time is better. Cause I'm sitting here thinking ... "hmm...3-6, at least then I could give Ryan a good nap before hand" ... what is wrong with me?