Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A little help...

So, the search for jobs has began. :) We like the idea of living in Spokane, WA, although neither of us have spent much time there. IT seems like when I tell people this many of you rave about Spokane. HOwever, I can't remember which ones of you I have talked with! We're trying to figure out WHERE in Spokane we would like to settle. WE are going out there in a few weeks to check things out and meet with some people, but we'd like to have an idea of what's out there. So, for you that have been to Spokane or have connections there, we are hoping you can help us out! Our questions for you are:

1) Are there places to stay away from?
2) Are there schools that have a reputation for beeing better than others
3) Where are the "newer" areas where new families might be gathered. (So our kids can have lots of friends to play with. We'd love it if we lived on a street with a plethera of playmates!)
4) Are there some suburbs that we should look into?
5) Anything else you can tell us?!

I know, kind of a wierd and desperate entry, but I don't know where else to start!

Thanks for any info!

10 comments:

Emily said...

I have an aunt and uncle that live there that I used to visit when I was a kid. I haven't talked to them in quite sometime, but I'll have to dig up their phone number and pass it along because they've lived there forever. I think the only down side is that it does rain a lot, but if you don't mind that, then it'll probably be great.

Staigerfamily said...

I know a fantastic suburb. . . it has kids, great schools and is close to all sorts of great stuff to do! . . . Mckinney. You'll have to look it up. Only one problem. . . it is next to Dallas. COME HERE!

what kind of a name is abra said...

Robert and I have gone there a few times, I really love it there too. I have a friend that grew up there and her parents still live there, I will call her for you. I think you should stay here, forget Dallas...

Emily B. said...

I'll second the comment from "t". McKinney has everything to offer...except mountains or pretty scenery! Besides that, it's the best place to live!

Ashlea said...

McKinney is very close to Frisco so 3 votes for McKinney!

Perry Parents said...

We like Spokane!! Mom says Liberty Lake, but you already knew that. We are happy that you are planning to stay around here!

Katherine said...

Forget it all and move to Chicago!!!!!!!!! Fox River Grove needs a dentist! Well, they have a few, but you should still move here any way. -Katherine

Pray about it and you'll get the same answer we got for you! :o)
-Dan

Perry Parents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Well now I have to put in my 2 cents. All of you need to move to Idaho. We can buy a huge plot of land for cheap in Rigby and divide it all up so we each get 1 acre. We could call it the Perry Family Estates. I know a great dentist that Dan can work with and then we would all live happily ever after. Sounds good huh?? Think about it Non stop perry family fun. The game Curses every monday night, the thimbell sp? game. Maybe you should pray about that too. We'll see who is right me or kat.

PerryParty3 said...

Hmm...only problem is that Dad is only licensed to work in Washington...so they'd have to wait until retirement in order to join us all. LEt's just say Spokane is the place for the perry gathering! :)