
Days after we got this awesome hamster track, poor Carla died. I don't know what's going on. I swear we take care of them! Our guess is that when the hamspters hang from the top of the wire cage by their tiny claws and fall off, they get hurt. All three of them did that, but I don't know why Santa Claus lasted 9 months, and the others mere weeks. We have not replaced Carla and are debating wether or not we will do so. The kids are really missing the hampster though. Michael walks around with his hands together saying "Hampsie, holding!" Which means he wants to hold the hampster. But when we ask him where Hampsie is, he says "Died!" Maybe after more research about the critters we will try again. Any suggestions?!
6 comments:
Hey! I had hamsters all growing up and unfortunately they are kind of hit or miss. Most of ours lived 1-2 years but we had them live only a few weeks and we had one live over 2 years. The only advice I have is to get the dritail medicine and give that to them the first few weeks you have them. Dritail is really common among hamsters when they are new and they might be dying from that though if you aren't seeing diarreah (sp?) on their bottom that may not be why yours are dying. Also, they are fragile so try not to drop them (not sure what you do when they hang from the cage and drop themselves). My twin cousins once tossed one to each other across the room (they were 3) and it didn't make it very long! Good luck. They are great pets but definitely not fun to have to bury :(
No hampster advise here. I have only had a couple. One died and we gave the other away.
My brothers had the same 2 hampsters for like 4 years, or something ridiculous like that. They never took care of them. Never played with them. Nothing. Maybe y'all are loving them to death. lol.
That's so sad! The track looks pretty cool, so I say get another one. Can you get rid of the wire they're hanging from and see if they last longer?
Emily,
The "wire" is the actual cage. The cage is made of wire bars. We're thinking about getting one that's like a plastic box. Hopefully that will work!
Yeah, my brothers who didn't take care of theirs, had plastic box type cages ... maybe that's the key. ???
Post a Comment