Anyway, our house is awesome! We love the space and the fact that we are no longer connected to another person's dwelling. Yes, our kids can scream as loud as they want and I am not having a panic attack that we will get kicked out. Chelsea and Michael have their own rooms now. Chelsea has been very teretorial about her room, and gets very upset if Michael comes in without her permission. Yeah, we'll be working on that one. I did laundry and was able to let the dryer go....WHILE I SLEPT! No worries about someone getting into my laundry or if someone is waiting for my load to be done. It's AWESOME!
We're pretty much unpacked, but have the pictures left to hang on the wall. I am having stress trying to figure that one out...
As for the kids, they are doing great and love all the new space to play in. Our yard is completely locked in, so I can let them out the back patio door and not worry about them running down the street. Because it has been so hot here, Dan improvised a swimming pool for them.
However, today we upgraded to a real pool. Kinda. It's big enough that I'll probably get in it.
I have oodles of pictures and things to write about from our trip and other things, but I'll try to it slowly so neither of us get burned out!
13 comments:
Congratulations on the new job, new place, and new beginnings. I paniced a little when I read the temperature. Not sure if I would love that but it is so true about the air conditioning. It can be torture outside and I don't even know it. Have fun and good luck in your new adventures. Cute kids in the pool!
I am glad that you guys made it safe and sound. You remind me of me. I still have a box of pictures to hang. It always take me a long time. I am not good at decorating. I am always afraid that things will look tacky or dorky. Good luck with hanging pictures!
HORRAY! I'm so happy for you. Leaving behind those good old student days is life changing in so many ways! How fun for you to finally get some room to spread out and a yard and your own washer and dryer! Happy, happy for you thoughts coming your way from me!
Welcome home! Look at that backyard! It's beautiful and ALL YOURS! The kids are going to LOVE IT! Chelsea deserves to be territorial about her room. . . I'm sure she'll just get over it once the newness of the concept wears off. I am so happy for you. I bet you are just on cloud nine. Who knew laundry could be so dang exciting?! Congratulations!!!
Okay, I've been caught! After finding out about your blog through Shannon, I really didn't feel comfortable just inviting myself to join in....so I was just kinda snoopy and quietly watched to keep up! It has been fun "getting to know you" and your sisters again through your blog entries! You have a very special family. Darla
We just bought a washer and dryer too! Isn't is so funny the things we get excited about as we get older? When we were young it was the newest toys, then computers,cell phones, etc. Now we are excited for washers and dryers! I just can't wait until I have a house of my own now! Congratulations. Good luck with your new life as non-students!
So happy to see that you have a place to hang your pictures and call your home. So jealous that all 4 walls are yours and that it has air conditioning and that you have a private beautiful back yard. I even love the make shift and real pool I cannot wait to come and join in the fun. Love and miss you all. Thanks for the insite into your lives and what is happening. I still feel connected.
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you guys! Don't worry about not having your pictures hung yet....we've been in our house for nine months and I still don't know where to hang everything. Yikes!
WOOOOOOOOOT! YAHOOOO!!! Tia! Dan! Chels! Mackel! Im so happy and excited for you guys!!!
awesome pools. :)
Cant wait to see it decorated!
Oh man. Washer and Dryer in the house. and non-coin operated. And no one to steal your minutes. Or hang their skanky underwears all over. sick.
WHAT TOTAL BLISS!!!
Love you!
It is so hot there, I would get in the pool too!
~melissa
Isn't is nice to be settled! I am so happy to hear about your house and that you are all having a great summer. How is Dan doing with work? David is loving his program here in MI but not getting much sleep. The pool does look tempting...I would get in too with all of the hot weather that has been going around. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Yeah for you guys! Congratulations! I can understand how much you love being in your OWN home! You deserve it!
That's so great that you're in your house! I can't wait until we move someday to a real place.
Post a Comment