Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lehi Roller Mills tour

When I was at my brother's house, I took adavantage of his computer and tried to upload pictures so I could post them while we were in transition between homes. Anyway, here is one of those posts...

I have some sweet hook-ups. My good friend and roommate from college, Katie, was nice enough to take me on a tour of the Lehi Roller Mills, where she works. Her Dad is the current owner, and the mill has been in the family since it was first built. This is a picture of her family. While in college, I was invited several times to their home, and instantly fell in love with her family. I had a picture of Katie showing me one of the machines, but I won't embarass her by posting it here. I'm fascinated with anything old and historic, especially buildings, so I was so excited when she let my family take a tour. It was fun to see some of the original machinery still in use, like these "elevators" used to carry flour to the upper levels.

This is a cool machine that they use to inspect every load of wheat that is brought to the mill. They have to inspect it for a certain amount of protein and moisture before they will accept it. What Quality! ;)


. she also showed me the spot where Kevin Bacon stood in his role of "Foot Loose". We also got to wear the cool lunch lady hats! At first Michael didn't care for it, but by the end, he didn't want to take it off.

I loved the store part. It felt like an old fashioned mill store. We had to buy a few mixes to try.



Thanks Katie!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I LOVE Lehi Roller Mills!!!! I found their Heart Healthy Pancake mix at Costco and I LOVE it! It is WAY good for you too! Cool!!

Katie Page said...

I'm so glad you didn't post that picture! It was so good to see you. Thanks for the PR!! ;)