Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our Little Pyro

Since Dan burned his leg a year ago in April, Chelsea has been very nervous around fires. Michael, on the other hand, loves them.



LOVES them.



Okay, really, he's obsessed by them.



Grandma and Grandpa Perry have a fire pit, and Michael would ask almost daily to have a fire while we lived there. Unfortunately, our new house does not have fire pit, so Michael has had to improvise. This is a common site at our house



The "wood" can be made of pretty much anything...Chelsea's dolly, dad's tools, wall decor, etc..... and ALWAYS paper to help get the fire going.



"Mom, I woasting Suhmores!"



"Uh Oh! I got fire on my mashmallow! Dat not good!"



"Mooooom! No more camer!"

11 comments:

tawna said...

hahaha! cute and pretty creative.

hmm... you're little guy is welcome to make smores w/ me ANY time! Yum.

Shawn and Tasha said...

I'm so happy you guys are all moved in & that you love it! Someday...:) Michael is so cute in these pictures. Boys will be boys.:) Packer has been pounding on the back door every day since we've moved in here saying "owww! ooowwwww!!!" (interpretation: OUT!!). It reminds me of how you told me Michael would beg to go outside.

Janet said...

Your going to have to keep an eye on him!!!!:) Cute pictures. I love how you retell their conversations. Like I've said before, these will be priceless some day.

Rebecca McAllister said...

Arn't little boys fun! He cracks me up! I'm surprised he isn't affraid of fires too since he was also burned when Dan was, right? Maybe he's too young to rembember. When Cameron was two, I lit a candle in my bedroom window during his nap and forgot about it. When he saw it, he put one of his trains' faces in the flames and burned it right off. For years he was affraid of fire and affraid of that spooky looking train!

Erin R. said...

Oh no! It is always an adventure with little boys around the house!

thesearlesociety said...

How cute. Do you help him make the fire or does he do it himself? He looks so grown up now for some reason; more like a little boy and not a toddler. How sad, don't you just want those days to never end when they are so cute and innocent. Not that they aren't still cute, but you know what I mean!

Perry Parents said...

That is funny. You guys will have to make a firepit one day too.

~melissa

Sherry said...

They say there's a thin line between a pyromaniac and a fireman. Both are fascinated by the flames, one is just more constructively channeled.

I know a prisoner who is in for car theft. He says when he gets out he's thinking of being a Repo man so he can still get the thrill but do it legitimately. Interesting, eh? :)
Sherry

Michelle said...

Michael is a true boy. He is so cute. I love that he uses Chelsea's dolls in the fire. What a brotherly thing to do!

Staigerfamily said...

That is so much fun. I love the fire materials. . . and the paper. Too cute. Great documentation!

Janet said...

Lorraine just called and ask us to post on all blogs that we are going to fast for Maria on Thursday, August 28th prior to her surgery on Friday. They would love all who can join in to do so. Please keep Maria, Steven and Andrew in your thoughts and prayers.