Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brain Fart.

Ever had one of these? (Sorry if it's offensive...I tned to say that alot on this blog....maybe I should have it restricted or something....)

I mean, have you ever been writing something, and suddenly, an every day word looks really wierd to you? Or you say a word and it sounds completely foreign to you, like a different language?

For example, I was helping Chelsea write her Thank you cards, and we were writing the phrase "...lots of fun." I would tell her the letters to write and she would write them. When I got to "of" I couldnt' remember if it was even a word. Of. shouldn't it be spelled ove? or uv? no, those definitly aren't right. Maybe it's not even a word...AHH!

I suppose I could have opened any old book lying around, like "Breaking Dawn" and figrured it out, but, like I said, I was having a brain fart.

My brain started to go crazy, so I went to ask my genius husband, but I should have known he was just going to give me a hard time. He said
"Of"? like he'd never heard the word before.
"You mean like O-F-F?"
"No, like 'lots of fun. HOw do you spell 'of'?!"
He just sat there looking at me. Already feeling stupid, I just wanted to smack him.

Does this ever happen to you? (Not the husband making you feel like a dork part, but the English language playing tricks on your brain?)

8 comments:

Erin R. said...

Yes!!! I have brain farts all the time and just have to sit back and say "oh-my-gosh Erin....I can't believe you just did that". But I know that our husbands would never tease us about them. :-)

Staigerfamily said...

Ha ha ha! Love it! Happens to me ALL the time. . .with the simplest words too! Glad to know you are normal. . . although I would have paid to have seen Dan's response. . .

Michelle said...

I like to refer to it as mommy brain. I am glad that I am not the only one who has moments like this. It's always nice to have our husbands to make us feel "better".

tawna said...

BAHAHAHAHA. awesome.


Mine has happend with Fork. What kind uv a word is FORK? weird.

And my name.

There have been times when I write it down and am like....Woah....Is that how you spell my name???

Doh.

:)

p.s. you never called back! :(

Brit said...

yep that happens to me too! And sounds like our husbands are pretty similar, the stinkers! How's breaking dawn coming? I'm half way done!

Janet said...

Brain farts are a common place around my house for me especially. I seriously think I am losing it sometimes. Oh, yes, all sorts of farts are commom around here. (Sorry) :)

Perry Parents said...

That has happened to me too. It is really annoying!

~melissa

Shawn and Tasha said...

Okay, this is definitely a laugh out loud post!:) Not because I'm laughing at you, but because it's SO something I do!!!:) haha I remember distinctly one time not being able to remember how to spell the color "blue". I was suppose to write my favorite color, but couldn't remember how to spell it, so I chose a different color!!:) haha The human brain. MY brain! haha