Tuesday, November 13, 2007

oops...we lost another one.


Yup. Teddy Bear is now dead. That was quick you might say, and you're right, but we're pretty relieved. He was too fiesty to hold and play with, which is the main reason we got a hamster over a fish. I have no idea what happened. I put him in his ball last night to run around and when I came upstairs an hour later (okay, maybe that was too long, but we did it with Santa Claus and he was fine!) and he was barely moving. This is gross, so skip to the next sentence if you have issues with BM's. There was poop smeared all around the ball! It was soo gross and stank like crazy! I should have checked on him earlier, but I was hooked with Prison break.

Anyway, we already have a new one. His name is Carla. :) I told Chelsea that we couldn't name a boy Carla, and she got upset and wanted HIM to be a GIRL. So I figured, what the heck. It's a hamster. Only a vet can probably tell the sex as I don't even have a clue, nor desire, of where to look for the defining parts. So, Chelsea has a girl hamster named Carla. She's already been able to play with him, so as mean as it sounds, I'm glad we had the opportunity to get a new one without having to do anything drastic to the other hamster, God bless his soul.....

(For the record, Chelsea thinks we exchanged Teddy Bear for a "nicer" hamster, so please don't make a comment about his "death")

5 comments:

Gary Church said...

Exchanged? Dude, you crack me up!

tawna said...

yay for carla the man-she! I'm so glad that there's a nicer...girl..around. :)

haha- chelsea's going to marry michael, huh? hahah. awesome! at least you won't have to worry about liking your daughter/son-in-law.
:P

Emily said...

That's so sad, and so funny! Hopefully this one's a keeper.

what kind of a name is abra said...

Love that you have a blog too!! Who knew??!! I got a little teary reading about your perspective in church, I feel that way too. What happened to my little cuddley boy who is now a giant???! Good cover on the hamster thing....

CareyClan said...

oh- I have to remember to read your blog more often! I am sitting here wipping away the tears as I laugh!!! SOOO Funny! Hope everything is going good! Kenny use to laugh everytime I gagged when he would work on me- sometimes I think he did it on purpose! You have to watch out for those dr. types-HEHE!