Sunday, November 4, 2007
A friend dies...
Chelsea's hamster, Santa Claus, died this past week. Chelsea was pretty sad when she first found out, but took it pretty well. She even wanted to help burry him. She helped find a box for him, dig the hole, and even cover him with dirt. She then wanted to find a rock to put his name on, so that people wouldn't step on him. We now have a new hamster, named Teddy bear. He is a panda bear hamster (basically meaning that he is black and white). Teddy is quite different than Santa was. He's VERY jumpy and fidgety, so we haven't been able to hold him yet. Chelsea talks to him and feeds him through the bars on the cage everyday, so hopefully he will calm down enough for her to play with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Dear Chels,
I am very sorry to hear about the passing of Santa Claus. I know you loved him and took good care of him. It is hard to say goodbye to good friends like Santa Claus when they die. I'm sure he is pleased with the beautiful way you honored him with his burial.
Love,
Uncle Nate
Thats so sad. Her face makes me want to cry. Hey if you want another animal i've got kittens really cute just look at our blog to see them. i hope the new hamster gets better for her to hold and pla with.
That is so sad. He made it almost a year. We gave up on pets. We kept trying to get fish but they all kept dying. Maybe when we graduate and get a house we will try a dog. Anyway chelsea is so cute. And I love the new family pictures!!
Okay, so Uncle Nate's comment made me cry. :( I'm so glad he's my kid's uncle too!
I didn't realize this hamster was the "santa claus"! I had forgotten about him.
I remember when Albie died. Well, when he was 'helped' along through the veil. We had a mini funeral complete w/ a hymn and prayer. Me and Ev cried. I was like...old, too. Sad. Im sorry, chels.
But, Im glad you have a new friend, Teddy Bear! I hope you will have great times together! :)
P.s. Cute family pictures!
Aww! This brings back memories of all the hampsters I had as a kid and how sad it always was when they died! I was a lot older then Chelsea then so I'm very proud of her for handling it so well! Glad you have Teddy Bear now to play with. I had 6 hampsters in my time, Holly, Emily1, Emily,
Abby, Sarah, and Alex had Smokey. Good times for sure!
Oh,she is so cute,I want to go give her a hug! I hope Teddy Bear becomes a playful hampster for her! What a trooper it looks like she handled it well.
Trisa! I can't believe you're still alive and out there. What a cute family. I had fun looking through your blog. I think the last time I saw you was back at BYU when Chris and I ran into you guys and you had your daughter with you. Crazy. So, how much schooling does your husband have left? You're in Oregon right? What an adventure. We actually have a lot of dental students in our ward down here and boy do they get put through the ringer. Hard work but it definitely pays off in the end. I'm so glad you left a comment.
Ha ha I meant wringer instead of ringer.
Chelsea,
What a great pet owner you are to bury your hamster so nicely. I loved the stone you used for the grave. And, I LOVE all the pictures of you and Michael. Your halloween costume is sensational! What a great idea! Keep taking good care of everyone!
Love,
Becky
I'm so sorry to hear about your hamster! I hope the new one is just as good!
Trisa! I found your blog when you left a comment on Emily's blog. YAY! Portland, huh? Dental school? Two kids! All these things I never knew! Now we'll HAVE to keep in touch through our blogs. Blogs make it so dang easy. I'm going to link your blog because I know there are tons of other Plano peeps that would love to see what you're up to!
HUGS!
Janette
janetteandgary.blogspot.com
Oh yeah, and you look EXACTLY the same as you did in high school (you punk!) AND your kids are adorable!! That little girl is going to be trouble for your guys, lol.
Post a Comment