Sunday, November 18, 2007

One sweet trade.



So, I found a girl in my ward who is learning to play the flute at school. I haven't taught flute lessons since I left Provo and I've been really missing it. I offered to teach her for free, but her mom seemed a little hesitant, so I suggested it could be a trade for babysitting. Ashley comes over on Wednesdays after school, I give her a half hour flute lesson, and then she plays with the kids for an hour and a half or until her mom picks her up. Chelsea and Michael love her and are always asking when "Big Ashley" is coming. (Chelsea has a friend her age named Ashley, so we have to differentiate between the two.) It's a huge break for me. I tear around the house doing the things that its hard for me to do when trying to take care of the kiddos. She's also a very good flute student, so for me, it's a win-win situation! :)

No comments: