Monday, June 9, 2008

Introducing....DOCTOR Perry!

Dan graduated last week from Dental School! HOORAY! However, their term doesn't end until June 20th, so he still has to go back to school until his requirements are complete...which will hopefully be by the end of this week.

We only went to the hooding ceremony, which is just with the Dental school, where he received his beautiful Lilac hood. I personally loved the ceremony and was close to tears the entire time. During the beginning of the ceremony, they were asked to stand up and recite the "Denetist pledge." They made all the dentists stand and recite it, so Dr. Perry Sr. got to stand and join the rest of the group. :)

Dan has worked so hard and has been through a lot, that I'm so proud of him to finally get to this point. Many times I take for granted all the hard work he has had to do, because he is so good at leaving any stresses at school, and comes home just as a dad and husband.

We were so grateful that my both parents could be there for his special day, and appreciate the sacrifices they made to be there and the support they've given us to get to this point.


And, as much as I'd like to announce our final destination point and when we are leaving...I can't. Not yet. We're still waiting. (sigh) But, trust me, I will be so excited that blogging about it will be the first thing I do, when I DO know. Congratulations Dan! We're ALMOST done! :)

12 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations to both of you for a job well done. We are excited for you and what ever is to come. I bet Mark & Annette about burst their buttons with pride.

Staigerfamily said...

Oh my gosh. . DR DAN PERRY. . .that is incredible. I am SO proud of you both. Congrats! What a major accomplishment! I wish you guys the very best--you deserve it!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Congratulations Dr. Perry! You did it!!!:)

Rebecca McAllister said...

I think there needs to be a special award for the guys who can do it and still come home and be "husband and dad." I know that Heavenly Father caried Evan throught a lot of it and I'm sure the same is true for Dan.

Katherine said...

I am having swellings of pride!! :o) hehehe my first thought was... thats MY brother, and his beautiful wife and children! I am really happy for you all of you guys! Congratulations Dan!

Emily said...

Congratulations!! He's done. What a relief that must be. Good luck on your final destination.

Emily said...

Congratulations!! He's done. What a relief that must be. Good luck on your final destination.

Michelle said...

I have to say ditto to what Katherine said. I am so excited for you guys. I know that you have both worked really hard to get to this point. I am excited to see where you guys will end up. Hopefully closer to Idaho!! Congratulations Dan or should I say Dr. Perry!!!!

Erin R. said...

Congratulations!!! It's too bad you don't live a little closer so we could have Dr. Perry as our dentist!

Ashlea said...

Congratulations to the Perry's! I know it has been a long, hard road but you made it :) I knew back in High School that you would achieve big things!

CareyClan said...

Wow! Congrats! Feels good huh:) I'm so excited for you and we miss you tons!

Janet said...

Congratulations Dan!!!! and Trisa!!!! What an awesome achievement. He'll be a great dentist.