Sunday, June 1, 2008

Time out!

It was one of those days, where you feel like you are running around trying to get stuff done, but nothing seems to get done. My house was a mess, my kids were crabby, and I still needed to practice a piece I had agreed to accompany my friends with. Dan was at school getting ready for boards. We had made it through dinner, and now I was trying to get the house cleaned up. However, everytime I left Chelsea and Michael alone, they would fight, or one of them would start crying. I finally couldn't stand the bickering any longer, and made them sit on opposite ends of the couch so I could at least run through the song once or twice before the Monahan's came over to practice. I gave them the "mommy's-had-enough-and-someone-will-be-in-serious-trouble-if-they-even-think-about-moving" look before I began. After just the frist page, I noticed it was strangely quiet...too quiet...so I turned my head to see what they were getting into now. And this is what I found....



He stayed this way through our practice, after Dan got home, and through me finishing up the cleaning. That's one exhausted little boy!

4 comments:

Erin R. said...

Ooohh! Poor little guy!

Emily said...

That's so cute!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Glad to hear there are other mom's who have rough days too.:) Michael's too cute. Thanks again for playing for us...YOU'RE AWESOME!

Rebecca McAllister said...

this is so cute...it's amazing how sometimes when they totally loose it...you find out, OH, their exhausted, or OH, they're starving...what a cutie...we are going to miss you guys so much. (sigh)