
You don't want to know HOW much we paid to go to this graduation banquet for Dan, but you should know, that we had a great time.
The food was really good. I especially loved the garlic pasta dish. YUM!
My mom helped me find a black dress for the event, and I even got new strappy black heels, so it was really fun to get all dressed up.
But more importantly than the food, or getting dressed up, was the chance to say good bye to all the friends we have made during the last four years. I wasn't able to get a picture of all of them, but here are a few of the wonderful people we have gotten to know.

Brit and Kelsey Peterson. Chelsea went to Brit's home daycare during our first and part of the second year while I worked as a substitute. When I first met Brit, she was a newly wed. Now, she has two beautiful little girls. They have gone on to orthodontic school in AZ.

Dan and Dan. These two played basketball together for all four years. IT was particularly frustrating for me, because they both look so much alike AND have the same name! When they both have fresh haircuts, it is almost impossible to tell them apart from the back. Luckily for me, I could just cheer "Go Dan!" and I would be okay. This last year they had dental chairs next to each other, so I got to see even more of Dan during my many trips to the dentist these last few months.

Sam and Andrea Page. During the freshman year, I would walk with Brit and
andrea along the path by the dental school. Dan and Sam worked out at the gym together several times.

Melinda & Russell Searle have been in our ward with us all four years. Last year, Melinda was hired by the same apartment management company that I work for, so we have traded much babysitting to attend various meetings, called each other to ask questions and vent about the various aspects of managing, and our kids love to play with each other. In fact, our girls have the same name! They are headed off to Georgia for at least the next year.
I wish I had gotten more pictures of the other couples we have gotten to know, but we were all having such a good time, I barely even got these!
AFter the dinner, slide show, and awards, they had a dance. Dan is not into dancing so much, so I think I am more self conscious about it since being married to him. I still like to dance, but it's harder for me to dance with a group of people I don't really know. Russell was dying to get out on the dance floor, but couldn't find anyone to go with him. When he did make it out to the dance, I saw another side of him, I've never seen before. That man likes to dance! Hopefully
Melinda will get a video posted on her blog. ;-)


I too eventualy made it out to the dance floor, and Dan was such a good sport, he came along. Or maybe it was just to take a picture of me making a fool of myself. (And the sad thing...the punch was NOt spiked) Oh well, I had fun. I will miss everyone and will be excited to hear of their future adventures.
3 comments:
You look fantastic (well, except in that last picture. . . I think I would question the non-spiking of the punch. . .jk). You are so beautiful!! I'm so glad you've been able to meet so many wonderful people and hope you can stay in contact with them. . .
I'm glad to hear that not 100% of the $$$ goes to the alcohol...Okay, well probably 95% does, but at least the food is good.:) I'm dying to see that video of Russell. Who knew!:)
What a fun night! Congratulations.
Post a Comment