Chelsea really wanted to have matching pajamas, and since I haven't sewn in a long time, I got really excited about making them myself. I figured I could use a %40 off coupon for the fabric at Joann's and make a simple nightgown. Well, all I have to say is that I've definitely had my sewing kick to last me for some time now.
I was really excited when I finally finished the last gown. As I was hanging them all up for a photo op, I discovered this little gem:
Notice anything wrong?
Here, take a closer look...
I sewed the sleeve upside down! I was so mad! The sleeves were the hardest part for me! Luckily, my handsome husband was there! Dan helped out quite a bit by putting the elastic in the sleeves, and he unpicked this one, so it wasn't too bad to fix. What a champ!
We dropped the nightgowns off the day before, so the girls could wear them to the party. They looked so cute! The neck of the nightgown was a little too big and kept revealing the shoulders of the girls...as you will see in several of the next pics.
When they arrived, we had them work on decorating picture frames, and then took each girl aside to take a picture with Chelsea. They turned out very cute, thanks again to Dan, who got the pictures uploaded, printed, cut out, and assembled back in the frames before it was time to go.
We played some games, like wrapping up two girls with toilet paper to look like mummies (they loved that one). Then we set up the blow-up mattress so they could lounge on it and watch a movie and eat popcorn, while I took each girl aside to paint their fingernails. Then we had lunch and cake and ice-cream.
The girls were all fantastic and made it so much fun. While they were eating, I asked them if they wanted to give Chelsea a birthday wish. (I have it on camera, but I think we've already packed up the cords to transfer them to the computer.) Most of them said "I wish that Chelsea would stay" or "I wish Chelsea didn't have to move". They are the sweetest girls. I know Chelsea will miss them, but I'll miss them too!
And how did Michael do at this all girl, very feminine birthday party? Well, he kept tackling the girls, or hugging them, but he did want his fingernails painted. There wasn't enough room for him at our tiny table, so the poor guy was doomed to the floor. I don't think he mind though...as long as he had food, he was happy.
11 comments:
Oh my gosh. . . those ARE SO CUTE! the nightgowns look adorable! The picture idea is FANTASTIC (why didn't I think of that at Jaron's Good-bye birthday party the week before we moved?!?. . .I love that the party favor is a picture of them with chelsea. . .plus the pj's). THE CAKE IS INCREDIBLE!!! You totally amaze me. What an amazing birthday party. I can't go on enough. . . I am completely impressed. Adorable. one lucky little girl!
Trisa, you never cease to amaze me! WOW!!! What awesome ideas!!! What little girl wouldn't die to have such a party, or let alone be invited! Do you want to host my next slumber party?:) You made everything SO-O cute! I bet Chelsea had a great time & is so proud to say you're her mom.
Okay, first of all, I am absolutely DYING that you made all those adorable night gowns for all the girls and that cake...come on! Pretty much the cutest party ever.
You are my inspiration! What a fabulous idea for a birthday party! The nightgowns were such a fabulous idea and turned out soooo cute.....even the one with the upside down sleeve. Remember the crazy pillow-cases and pj shorts my mom made us for girls camp? I just remembered those.....I think one year it was Sesame Street. The cake was adorable too! I bet this is a party that Chelsea will never forget! I can't believe that she is turning 5 next month! I remember going to see her in the hospital...... I hope that everything going really smoothly with your move!
Trisa, you are UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm with Emily ... DYING that you sewed all those gowns AND the cake!! Chelsea is one lucky girl. I'm not going to know what to do if I don't have another monkey. lol.
I agree! Those jammies are so, so cute! And happy early birthday Chelsea!
And guess what! Now you can add an Arizona friends listing to your already innumerable list of friends and family who love you!
You are awesome! Everything turned out so cute! You are so talented; you play the flute, piano, sew, are creative, I can go on and on! Not to mention a great friend as well. I will truly miss you, but I know we will keep in touch! Thanks again for helping me with my endless managing questions and being so patient! I don't know what I would have done without you there to help, so I feel bad for Heather and Tasha who have to do it alone! But they will do great.
"It was the best party ever!" --Beefer
I'll have to second that! BB has slept in her nightgown every night since. She wanted to wear it to her sister's recital but convinced her that her shoes wouldn't match and it would be better to change the clothes than the shoes. (You know how she loves her shoes!) We will miss you terribly; glad we can use these new-fangled blog things.
Trisa,
The dance videos and the pictures of the nightgowns are terrific! We miss you so much, and having just been there can picture you sewing and hosting the party. What a great cake! Did you actually eat it?
Mom Hadfield
What a cute and creative idea!!!...I sure do hope Jeffrey and I are blessed with at least one daughter to be able to have such fun little things like your daughters slumber party.....soooo cute!!!
i know you posted this forever, but i am finally blogging. this is so cute. i cant believe how creative you are. and how you go the extra extra mile for your kids birthdays.
you put me to shame!!!
i dont even do birthday parties every year.
maybe i need to amp it up a little.
Post a Comment