Monday, April 5, 2010

Utah trip

Chelsea had almost a full week off from school due to parent teacher conferences, so I took the opportunity and braved a drive [without Dan] to Utah.

We had a great time! It was one of those vacations that just went wayyy to fast.

We left Friday, after Chelsea finished school at 2:30. We stopped in Caldwell, not quite halfway, at a hotel for the night. The hotel had a WARM indoor pool, with a little kiddy pool. It was perfect for Brinly's debut swim!


This was Chelsea's swimsuit when she was Brinly's age. I had some serious memory-floodage when I put it on Brinly....

On Sunday, after Church at my brother's ward, we went up to Temple Square, in SLC. With conference coming up, we had been talking a lot about the apostles, the conference center, etc. so it was neat to show the kids where it all takes place.



Then we went to the Visitors center, where we saw the statue of Christ. The kids had seen a picture of it in the FRIEND magazine and were fascinated by it.

We've also been learning about the 12 apostles, so the kids enjoyed this display. 


My brother Evan, came with us, and was a huge help with Brinly!
I don't think he minded...it certainly attracted the ladies! :)


My brother Nathan also brought his two boys, Noah and Cannon. I'm so glad they joined us!


I have always loved this "picture spot" so we had to stop by it. It was windy and a little cold, but they were troopers!


That night we had a family birthday party for Noah (my 1 yr old nephew) and Evan, my 19 yr old brother. 

Check out the awesome cake!


AND, it was even more delicious!


Our Next stop, was in Gunnison, Utah, to see my little sister Tawna. We were there for St. Patrick's day and woke up to a little leprechaun mischief:


Tawna and her family just moved into a new house last fall, so their front yard is unfinished. The kids had a wonderful time playing in the mud!


Brinly loved watching, and poking her newest little cousin, Anna. 


We also swam in the Gunison city pool. I'm thoroughly jealous that this little town, with only ONE grocery store, population of about 5,000, HAS A POOL! UGH.  

Isn't my sister and her little girly so adorable?!




4 comments:

tawna said...

yes, yes they are.



THANKS FOR COMING!!!! I love you and miss you already. And thanks for the LITERAL extra 5lbs. sick.

but oh so tasty.

:D

Miss Tamra said...

OH! Thank you Thank you Thank you for this post!! It made me feel a little in touch with the Utah friends! That was the first I heard of Evan and Noah's birthday party an awesome cake! I love the temple square pictures . . . the swimming . . . all of it!! Thank you for sharing a sneak peak into life with my WAY to FAR AWAY family . . . ALL of YOU . . . Utah and Washington folks. . . Killing me. . . seriously killing me . . .

Connor and Jana said...

Sounds like a fun trip to Utah!! Gunnison is not far from Ephraim, so if you are ever down this way again, look us up. I love the Gunnison pool too!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Trisa, you are a major trooper--yet another trip solo! Amazing. Trips visiting the fam are the best!!