Sunday, February 28, 2010

What? March already?

Um, anybody else wondering where February went? 

We had a great month. 


Michael had his first "season" of indoor soccer. He loved running around. In fact, I think he thought it was a game of chase, because he would take off running down the gym, giggling, and looking behind him to see if anyone was getting close....meanwhile, the ball is headed the opposite direction. The snacks were definitely the hi-light! :)


Dan and I went to a friend's house with a few other couples, and had a taste-test night. We each brought a name brand food item and a store-brand item. We brought crackers and cheese. The cheese brands were Tillamook and Walmart. Other food items were syrup (we had to decide between regular, sugar free and light), whip cream, hot chocolate, ice-cream, and a few others. The results were a little surprising. Generally, the store brought items were preferred! It was a fun game.


These are the Valentines the kids took to give to their friends. My friend game me the idea, but she'd only described them to me, so I just kinda went with it. Hers turned out much cuter, but I still loved the result. I think this will be our valentine standard. :)


Tent-making has become very popular in our house as of late. This mansion was built with help from one awesome daddy. Despite the enormous mess, one awesome mommy allowed it to stay up for more than just one day! :) It had 4 separate rooms, and even a TV nook. It was pretty cool, but I just can't stand the mess for too long. OCD.


Dan helped out in primary. He dressed up as Enos in the snuggie he got me for Valentine's day (among other things: paper shredder, pizza cutter, paper towel holder, and a book). He did a great job, despite how much he hates "acting". 


This is a sneak-preview on my latest hobby. It was supposed to be a quick, fun weekend project, but it has turned out to be a LONG, 6 week (and going), frustrating, and learning experience. It will be a while before I show you what "It" is, because I want to have it completely finished first. 



The weather has been warming up here lately. This past week we even had a few days in the 60's. We are all very anxiously awaiting spring and summer, where we can spend more days outside. This was a weekday when Dan got off work early, so we took the kids to a park. 
It was Brinly's debut on the swing. She liked it...


A lot. Doesn't that look so comfy and cozy? 



And just cause' she's cute. 
Brinly started crawling before 6 months, and it was a matter of weeks before she was up cruising furniture. Now we've caught her a few times letting go of the furniture, and staying up! AHHH! This can NOT be happening! She is determined to keep up with her siblings. And if that means walking by 10 months, so be it. 


Which leads to other problems...

She opened this cupboard and pulled out all the bowls. All by herself. I really don't want to have to put child locks on our new cabinets, so hopefully I can just deal with it until she grows out of this stage. :)

And like I always say..."Good thing she's cute!"


Our ward is the last to meet in our  building on Sundays, so we get to put up all the chairs after the meetings are over. You can see that the boys don't mind one bit.


Chelsea won this jar of sweethearts (YUCK!...they are the chalky kind) by guessing the closest amount. Dan helped her with her guess at her curriculum night. There were 271 in the jar, and their guess was 310. She was so excited about this, and had talked about it for days before the guesses were due. I'm glad she won!





Michael had a Daddy day at his preschool. (It was right after Soccer, and his last game, hence the medal and soccer attire) It was only an hour long, but looks like they had fun!


And one last picture. Yup. That milk is some GOOD stuff. (Wink Wink) 

See ya next month! 


5 comments:

Nathan said...

What an awesome family.

I dig that valentine idea, btw.

Katherine said...

I am excited to see what your wood project is!! Love the valentines, that is really clever! I love all the pictures basically! We need to come visit you guys! Hope you are all doing well!!

Staigerfamily said...

I love this! So many things to say . . .
Love little boys and their clueless soccer playing. So fun! The valentines are AWESOME. I can't wait for finished wood project pictures . . . and brinly is so dang cute! Thanks for feeding my picture hungeries!

thesearlesociety said...

Great update. I was beginning to wonder where you were!! Sounds like you did have a busy month. I really like the Valentines, so cute. And the taste test party sounds awesome too. I think I would have liked that!

I can't believe Brinly is already crawling and almost walking! That's crazy. I hope our next one doesn't learn to crawl or walk fast so fast 'cause we have lots of stairs! Hope all is well in Washington:)

Shawn and Tasha said...

I love the date night idea. And how in the hay do your kids keep their tent up all day + ? Perhaps ours would be staying up longer if Packer wouldn't keep knocking it down- something he loves doing- destroying anything Clayton makes.;)

And you mean I have to wait another month to see that darling Brinly of yours?

{sigh}

Okay, fine. ;)