climb a hay pyramid...
( You can see how crowded it was, and at one point, we couldn't find Michael. A few minutes later, we seem him hop off the slide to run to the other side, HOLDING THE HAND of a girl who was at least 14. I have no idea who she was, but she became his instant best friend. I tried to get a picture, but was too slow.)
...get lost in a corn maze... Twice. Seriously lost. The first time we got out by re-tracing our steps out the entrance. The second time we had to get help by the "workers" who had to lead us out. 
We had to redeem our ego's by going through the hay-bail maze a few times. (Dan's in the lower left of the maze with Brinly...)
But this maze was too easy...so we played hide-and-seek instead....
There were animals to see..
Silly faces to make....
Hay rides to go on...
(Look at me! I actually made it into a picture!)
And prize pumpkins to find.
And before we could leave, we had to on a "tractor" ride. Michael had been begging us to go on this since we arrived, so we finally bought tickets. When it came to get in their carts, he was chickening out. I tried to convince him to go on it, but he just clung tighter to me and almost started to cry. Dan got him, whispered something to him, and the next thing I knew...he was in the cart and waving! Of course, I had to ask Dan what he told him. Apparently, Michael had to sit down, smile and wave, if he wanted to keep his pumpkin. There ya have it folks, the Perry Parenting Technique!
We had so much fun, that we were plum, tuckered-out by the end!




3 comments:
WOW! So fun! No wonder I haven't been able to catch ya on the phone! I love it!
That pumpkin patch looks like so much fun. Way better than the ones out here.
Michael cracks me up! I love his face in the tractor ride! I love the wave! Oh kids, they make me laugh! Next year we are driving out to go to the pumpkin patch with you guys... that one is way better than the ones out here and even better than the one we went to last year in Illinois, although Illinois had some good spiced apple crumb donut type things, that made it worth it! But you kids are cute and I am very excited to see you all in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment