Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Psssssttt! Moms! Over here!

Okay, moms...

Just wanted to give you an idea for Christmas gifts.  (Just in time for Black friday...if you're crazy enough to go shopping...)
I am always overwhelmed with all the games, toys and activities being marketed right now. I've eyed these two games in particular for a while, and now, after purchasing them, highly recommend them!


We recently got these games for Michael's birthday and a Daughter-date and L.O.V.E. them!!!



This one is called scaterpilar scramble. (ages 4+) The object of the game is to place your colored marbles on the caterpillar's hands while he wiggles around to music. It's very tricky, and quite hillarious, to watch your kids focus on this wiggly insect. GREAT for fine motor skills. Dan and I have fun playing it too!
(I got mine for $14 at Toys R Us during a sale, but you might even be able to do better than that. I think regularly, it's $20)




This game, by Wild Planet, called Hyper Dash, is awesome as well! It has multiple levels, options for teams or solo, and two different ways to play.

There is a computer in the stick that calls out colors, numbers, and even math problems. You have to tag the disk with the stick to move on. You can place the disk wherever you want, and it becomes a physical activity as well, as you race to get to the next disk.

 I love this game, because it can be simple enough for Michael to play (color and number recognition) but also challenging for us adults (mainly the physicality of it), and a challenge for Chelsea. The higher levels also have you "reverse" so you have to remember where you just were, and it also asks you to double or triple strike a disk.

Another game is for memory sequence. The computer will call out an order of colors and numbers (depending on which level you choose) adding on as you get each sequence right. I've only gotten up to 9.

There are options to play by yourself, against up to 4 other players, as a team, or against another team.

Whenever we have little friends, over, these are the games that are most popular.

No comments: