Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Overheard at our house...

Typically...these posts are reserved for things my kids say...

Tonight....it's about the things Dan says.

I wish most of you could see the "real" Dan. He is a complete goof, but I'm pretty sure he reserves his goofiness for late at night and ONLY around us.

I think Dan has a great voice and wish he would sing more. BUT, he is convinced he can't sing. The kids have even asked me "Why doesn't Dad sing at church?" yeah...we're workin' on that one...

Anyway, at home, in his "goofy" mood...he is often singing. His own songs. Familiar songs....but with a twist.

So tonight, the christmas song "Oh Christmas Tree" must have been stuck on replay in his head, because he kept singing it. At least, that opening line, but not with the those words.

I can't remember all of the different versions, but here are the two I remembered to jot down...

"Oh Stinky Feet! Oh Stinky Feet!"

and

"Oh Smelly Fish! Oh, smelly Fish!"....at which point I bust up laughing. I would love to see/hear what goes on in that head of his to randomly produce these sayings. He was a little upset that I messed up his song. Apparently, this verse was going to be a good one. :)

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Nice... We'll have to try to get some of that out of him Tomorrow and through the weekend! :o)

Holly said...

Too funny. Hey, I"m still up for Brinley on Thursday, but I guess you probably won't see Amaya again until next Monday. How are you feeling now? So sorry about your food poisoning. Honestly, there's nothing worse than that.