Monday, January 26, 2009

sample of project 365

I'm debating whether or not to start another blog. Yes. I know. It's getting out of control. I guess for me it's more of a filing method. I like having my pictures in one place with the writing, so when I'm ready to scrapbook, all the info is there.

Anyway, here are some "days" that will be in our book. I'm loving this project and highly recommend it! It's kind of a pain to remember to take a picture every single day, and sometimes I don't, but it's only been a month, and I'm loving all the memories being preserved.

I'll go backwards.

Tonight, we completed a homework assignment for Chelsea. They read a book in her class called "Thunder Cake", about a young girl who was afraid of thunder storms. One night, during a particularly scary storm, the girl makes a special cake with her grandma to help her with her fears. At the back of the book is the recipe for the thunder cake, so Chelsea wanted to make it for FHE.


Sunday, Michael put his sock on all by himself and was so proud. I was able to capture the concentration in progress for the other foot. (By the way, his potty training is COMLETE! He goes #1, #2 all by himself now, of course he has to call me in to show off his accomplishment) YAY!!!


Saturday we went to a pet store that has booths set up inside. You pick a pet you want to play with or "get to know" and they bring them into the booth with you so you can have some personal time. We will be getting a dog someday, but our current rental home doesn't allow pets, so it will have to wait. We also want a larger dog, and these were all of the smaller breeds. THe kids loved it, and chelsea got particularly attached to the fluffy black one. I just liked it because of it's breed name: peek-a-poo! (hee hee)


Friday we finally got to make our friendship bread that has been 10 days in the making. Michael really loves these kinds of sweet breads and would eat the whole thing if he could.

Thursday I have two pictures, that I haven't decided which one I will use. in the afternoon, Michael was trying to prove how big he was by trying to pick Chelsea up. LAter that night, I caught them jamming away on the piano. Aren't they so cute?!

6 comments:

tawna said...

OH HOW STINKING CUTE!!!!!!!

seriously- those are some SUPEr awesome pictures.

HAVE YOU LEFT YET?!?!?!?!
You better have left already!

IM SO EXCITED TO SEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Staigerfamily said...

FINALLY!!!! I absolutely LOVE your project 365 photos and writing. MUCH more interesting then mine. . . I appreciate the inspiration and cute glimpse into life at your house. HAVE FUN in utah. I am SO JEALOUS. What am I doing while you are having FUN with the fam? Hosting the ward party at MY HOUSE! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!?

Brit said...

those are fin little memories you hace captured! I want the friendship bread recipee, does that work. I remember when we were little my mom got the start from someone and it was soo yummy!

Erin R. said...

Your kids are so cute! How are you feeling these days?

Connor and Jana said...

So I haven't been in the blogging world lately, so I am updating myself with everyones blog and I just want to say, Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family to get another little girl! I am so glad that you haven't felt to bad and are feeling better. I also love your idea of a picture a day for a year. That is a great idea! Congrats!

The Moss Family said...

As far as scrapping your 365 photos check on the side of my blog for the Ikea Goddess site. She has tons of free stuff including 365 templates. Aslo check the Weed&Wildflowers. They have a 365 kit that is awesome!!!!