Thursday, January 8, 2009

ohhhhhh, the WIND!

We were warned. They said it could get windy here.

We had NO idea, HOW windy! :)

So windy, it's hard for the little kids to walk to their kindergarten class!

So windy, it's impossible to sleep at night, unless you sleep in the closet, or with ear plugs, because it sounds like the house is about to be lifted up and flown to Oz.

But that doesn't stop us from having fun!

These are pictures of a hike we took up to Badger Mountain.

Well, "mountain" being extremely relative to its flat surroundings. It only took us about an hour to summit!




When we got to the top, the wind was gusting about so hard, we could barely walk.


The kids loved it, though. We did find shelter behind the cellular tower, and had a snack of dum-dums. (this was a little after Halloween..yeah...I'm playing blog catch up)



Don't you Love this picture? NO, I did not just pee my pants, and NO, I am not in extreme agony, I'm just trying to brace myself against the wind, and unfortunately, this is how I look. (ugh)

5 comments:

Brit said...

way fun pics! yep it looks a little windy there!

Staigerfamily said...

Ha ha ha! I love that last picture. . .are you SURE you didn't pee your pants? I about did laughing at it! So. . .my kids are STILL eating halloween dum-dums and we are in January. . .

Nessa said...

Loving the last picture.....so funny!

Shawn and Tasha said...

I bet you guys have had it bad lately where you're at, cause we sure have. Shawn and I have woken up several times the last few nights because the wind has been sooo loud!

Erin R. said...

Yikes! Hang on! Our house gets really noisy duringvwond storms too. At least the kids look like they enjoyed it!