I think normally, people are afraid to go out and meet their neighbors, or at least hestitant to do so. Why is that? Maybe it's just me, since I tend to be on the shy/reserved side. I think too often we worry that strangers are bad, when most of the time, they are just like us. It's sad that the few psycho's out there, which often seem like a lot from the info on the media, make us shut ourselves off from each other.
It was so fun to go around to all the people in the neighborhood, and see how friendly they are! A lot of them didn't speak English, but they loved handing out the candy and kept saying "so cute! So cute!"
There were a couple of very elderly people who answered their doors. I thought about all the halloweens they must have seen. How Halloween must have changed in 60+ years! I loved that they seemed just as giddy about the whole trick-or-treating thing, as the little kids were. I have a feeling I'll be that way.
It is silly to knock on stranger's doors and ask for candy, but I love that it's a nation-wide tradition! I'm also pleased to say that I don't feel so silly waving at my neighbors this morning. Thank you trick-or-treating!
Anyway, enough of my babbling...here are our pictures!
We had our ward trunk-or-treat the weekend before Halloween. Michael loved his "dino" costume, that we borrowed from a friend in the ward. Chelsea was so cute prancing around in her princess costume. You could tell she felt just like a princess. I love how they are holding hands as they crossed the stage durring the costume parade.
My favorite adult costume was by our Bishop. When he walked up to our table to say hi, I busted up laughing. He said this was the "good Dad test", then asked Dan if he knew who he was. He didn't, but all the moms did. Do you know?
Diego!! His wife dressed up as Hannah Montanna. :) They are such a fun couple!
These are a few of the girls in chelsea's primary class, and guess what?! They are aLL princesses!
Most kids would hate this hood, but Michael loved it. He got so mad if anyone would take it off.
I, of course, loved getting to do Chelsea's hair all fancy. However, I kept having flash-forward immages of doing this for her prom. AHH! STay little Chelsea!!!! I had a hard time spending $20 on a "princess" dress when they looked so cheap, and COLD. so, we went to Burlington Coat Factory (my favorite place for pretty girl dresses) and got her a princess/Christmas dress. She loved it! (phew!)
This is a week later, ready to go trick-or-treating, for REAL this time. :)
Don't ya love the smile?
And the loot? AHH yeah. We are stocked! :) Many of you ask how my dentist husband feels about all the candy. Stay tuned....
7 comments:
It looked like you guys had a fabulous Halloween! The kids look great in the costumes and I'm glad that you got a chance to meet some more of your neighbors.
I love Halloween too. Not that I dress up, but I like getting the kids dressed up! Two hours of trick-or-treating, huh?! We lasted about an hour, but the kids' buckets were full and Isaac was happy. Although after every house he kept saying he needed more candy! I think you have enough there little boy!
P.S. Did you see Nathan Smith's picture in the November Ensign? (pg 11) Cool huh?!
The kids look so cute! What a great idea to buy a REAL dress for Chels.. . IS THAT MAKE-UP and EARINGS?!? I bet she LOVED It!
Looks like a ton of fun! Your kids are so cute! You are going to have to keep the boys off of Chelsea when she is older! I am way impressed with Dan's pumpkin! That is awesome!
I ditto everything yuo said about trick-or-treating! We had such a blast asking complete strangers (our neighborhood isn't really into it so we went to where a friend of mine lives) for candy. So much fun to dress your kids up and take them out. I wish Trevy had let me do her hair. She was Dorothy and looked just like she'd been through a real tornado!
I love Chelsea's dress. All the girls in Noah's kindergarten class were princesses except 2. I am glad that you guys had fun. I love Michael's smile too. Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment