
I've finally come to the realization that my baby boy is no longer a baby...and is probably way past the age when he can be taking showers with mom. I don't feel I've ever encouraged him, but I rarely get a shower before Dan leaves...so I usually have to when Michael is awake. I try to preoccupy him with a movie or a toy, but he's not easily entertained..unless it is with food or dirt. For this reason, I have to leave the bathroom door propped open so I can hear if disaster strikes while I race through my shower. I usually don't even notice he's in the bathroom until he asks for help to get his shirt off..the rest of him already completely naked.
So, what am I supposed to do? Say no and accept the risk of having a disgusting accident happen on my carpet? NO WAY. So, I plop in the tub while I quickly finish showering...get dressed, get him dressed...and of course..stick him in time out.
Okay, now that I've give my excuses....this morning I was trying to get in the shower and Michael runs in the bathroom tugging at his clothes
"Macko Boy showah wit momma!"
"No, Michael. I'm sorry, but you're just getting to big to shower with mommy."
His face hurt and dejected...looks up at me and says
"No, Macko boy still liddle!"
It broke my heart, but I remained firm. Got him out the Dora tent and got him excited about making me a picnic ready for after my shower. Why do they have to grow so quickly?!
5 comments:
That's so cute. It's hard watching them grow up.
Ohh! That would break my heart too. I just keep reminding myself that today only lasts today & I have to enjoy every bit of it. I wish they could stay liddle forever. (sniff)
awwww-:(
I think im starting to understand mom's fetish with Evan being her "Baby boy forever and ever". I am feeling sad for the days of no more family showers. Bah! I love my son!!
oooohhhhhh...break your heart! What a precious little guy! it is so hard for me to watch my boys grow up--yet they are so excited about getting bigger as soon as possible. I HATE having to sort through their clothes each season and box things up that they have out grown. Just thinking about it is making me tear up.
That is so cute. They grow up so fast. I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion.
Post a Comment