Monday, May 26, 2008

My baby is growing up!

It seems like just yesterday we were playing in her room...

and now she's all done with preschool! She went to preschool at Valley Christian Preschool. She went there last year too. This year, we couldn't get into the morning class with the friends she'd made from the previous year, so we went to the afternoon class. It turned out to be soo nice! I loved not being rushed in the mornings. There were about 12 girls and 4 boys. The girls were so sweet and cute! They often traded shoes during play time and loved to borrow things from each other.

There are only three girls in Chelsea's CTR5 class at church and one boy. We were so excited to find out that Brooke would be in Chelsea's preschool class too. They have become the best of friends. The teacher's presented each child with a memory book with a picture of each classmate, and a survey of what the children thought of each other. MOst of the comments were like "she's nice" or "I like her hair", but most of the comments about Chelsea were "She likes to play with Brooke" or "She likes to paint". (Many a day she came home completely covered in paint...in her hair, on her shoes...all over)

Getting her certificate of completion. :)

Her awesome teachers, Miss Shannon and Miss Laura. She had another teacher, Miss Lisa, who was also the primary president of our ward, but she moved to Colorado in January. We've really missed her!


She's very excited to start Kindergarten this fall, but I'm starting to get nervous as the time gets closer and closer, and I don't know which school she's going too! I'm sure she'll make friends quickly and easily, but I'm sure she will miss the friends she's made. The night of the graduation, she woke up crying, "I want to go to my preschool!!!"

8 comments:

Nathan said...

Congratulations Chels!

Sara and Spencer said...

The video was adorable! Yay for Chelsea! Kindergarten will be so much fun!

Katherine said...

That was a way cute video! I love those curls! That is so sweet/sad that she cried the night after preschool graduation!! What a sweet girl!!!

Erin R. said...

What a darling video! I can't believe that she is going to be in kindergarten! They definitely grow up too fast.

Staigerfamily said...

I love the "my baby's daddy." That is so precious. You are right. . . we really have to get a video camera. It is so sweet that you have that to watch. I can't believe how big she is getting. . .and reading this makes me glad that Jaron missed the kindergarten cut off--I don't think I can handle that right now. I think I'll be one of those moms who cries when he goes to his first day of school. The kiddos are growing up so fast!

Shawn and Tasha said...

Chelsea's simply a doll! That video is SO cute!!! I'm glad Chelsea enjoyed VC. I'm hoping Clayton will enjoy it just as much also this fall.

Janet said...

That was such a cute video of Chelsea. She is a doll. What a fun time at Mark and Annettes. I love the yard. It looks like the perfect summer place and place for a barbeque. I can't wait for beautiful weather like that. The reunion is coming fast. It will be fun to see everyone again.

Tabitha's Mama said...

And Brooke loved being with Chelsea just as much. You guys will definately be missed!! Thank goodness for this blog thing.