Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun at Grandma and Grandpa's

This past weekend we went up to Tacoma to pick up some teeth Dan's dad had collected for Dan's boards. (He's a dentist..and yes, I know, that was an awkward worded sentence...kinda like this one...(sigh).

Anyway, like usual, we had a blast. It was the perfect weekend...Sunny and warm! AND it was Dad's birthday! Dad brought home some cupcakes he was given at the school he teaches at and we devoured them. Especially the frosting.
Um, Dad? You got something on your face....


Oh, me too!

Chelse loved the chocolate cake!

We played in the bubbles....

And played "pioneer" with the old handcart.


That night, we had a BBQ in the firepit. Michael is no longer afraid of the fire. Instead, he kept tromping back and forth from the fire to the woodpile, to make sure the fire kept going. Chelsea did much better, but still wouldn't get too close.

Dan was awfully proud of his gourmet hotdogs, slow roasted to perfection.



We each gave dad a box of whoppers for his birthday...


Which michael couldn't seem to stay out of.


Jumping on the trampoline is a blast...but when you turn on sprinklers...it's little kid heaven!




Does he look tired to you? Goal achieved! We left to get back to Portland about an hour after this picture was taken. both kids were passed out by the time we got out of the neighborhood. We ALL love Grandma and Grandpa's house!

7 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

So fun. I want to jump on the trampoline in the sprinklers too!

what kind of a name is abra said...

Love those pictures! Your kids are getting so big, Dan is such a ham and a sweetie, I loved your PhT award. THat is really sweet, what a guy! Four years really has gone fast. I am going to miss you!

Shawn and Tasha said...

With cupcakes in my tummy & a wet trampoline at my feet, I think I'd be in heaven too...especially if it meant grandma and grandpa's house!:) Your in-laws seem so awesome. You guys are SO lucky they live so close!!!

Gary Church said...

Your little boy CRACKS me up! He's so hilarious to me!

Katherine said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want to come play!! I need to leave stinky Illinois!!!! How fun!!!!!!!!!

Sara and Spencer said...

How fun! I remember being young and playing at Grandma and Grandpa's!

sidenote: We are changing our page to private so if you still want to view it send me your e-mail address.

Katherine said...

Okay so on a second glance at this post to remind myself that I would love love love to come visit I had a thought, Michael looks just like Dan totally!! Those pictures are cute!