Dang nate I can't remember how many mistakes that was...but it took me several times to get there. there's NO WAY I could get to 113... I don't type correctly, but would love to get some software program to learn how...I never took a typing class in highschool
If you're typing 93 WPM you know how to type. There really isn't much to it--just try to keep your fingers positioned over the home row keys (ASDF and JKL:), with your index fingers resting over the F and J keys. Practice typing at a constant pace without looking at your fingers.
Here are a few typing tutors on the Internet that are free. The first link has a diagram of where each of your fingers should reach for keys that aren't on the home row.
http://www.TypingMaster.com (Two lessons are free; registration is $40. This seems to be one of the better applications out there, so I recommend doing the two free trial lessons)
wow you guys totally rock. I got 86 with one error. BUT. . I only did it twice. . .maybe in a few hours I'll be better! JK
Way to go speedy finger relatives. . .now i know who to send the family newsletter and history book typing too! (in case you are wondering, no such thing exists).
113 ... that's possible?! Nice work, Trisa!! I'm so glad I'm not the only psychotic perfectionist out there. lol. I can't believe you can type that well having never had a typing class!
I went into the program and tried it. Let's just say I won't be posting my speed anytime soon. You are FAST!!! By the way, Lorraine and Gary brought up Billy Bob teeth for everyone to wear for the big family picture last year. I haven't seen them yet. Lorraine says they are hard to see the teeth because there are so many of us that they had to take the picture from farther back. Anyway, we had fun with them.
8 comments:
Wow, Tia. I didn't realize you were such a fast typer. How many mistakes is that?
My PR so far is 113 with 1 mistake.
Dang nate
I can't remember how many mistakes that was...but it took me several times to get there. there's NO WAY I could get to 113... I don't type correctly, but would love to get some software program to learn how...I never took a typing class in highschool
If you're typing 93 WPM you know how to type. There really isn't much to it--just try to keep your fingers positioned over the home row keys (ASDF and JKL:), with your index fingers resting over the F and J keys. Practice typing at a constant pace without looking at your fingers.
Here are a few typing tutors on the Internet that are free. The first link has a diagram of where each of your fingers should reach for keys that aren't on the home row.
http://www.powertyping.com/qwerty.html
http://www.sense-lang.org/typing/
http://www.typingweb.com/
http://www.TypingMaster.com (Two lessons are free; registration is $40. This seems to be one of the better applications out there, so I recommend doing the two free trial lessons)
wow you guys totally rock. I got 86 with one error. BUT. . I only did it twice. . .maybe in a few hours I'll be better! JK
Way to go speedy finger relatives. . .now i know who to send the family newsletter and history book typing too! (in case you are wondering, no such thing exists).
113 ... that's possible?! Nice work, Trisa!! I'm so glad I'm not the only psychotic perfectionist out there. lol. I can't believe you can type that well having never had a typing class!
You are so fast! By the way, nice sharing time on Sunday - you are so good at keeping the boys attention!
I went into the program and tried it. Let's just say I won't be posting my speed anytime soon. You are FAST!!! By the way, Lorraine and Gary brought up Billy Bob teeth for everyone to wear for the big family picture last year. I haven't seen them yet. Lorraine says they are hard to see the teeth because there are so many of us that they had to take the picture from farther back. Anyway, we had fun with them.
Post a Comment