Saturday, April 26, 2008

The BEST part about being a mom...



is getting time to spend with my kids.


Chelsea's preschool has a special day where the kids get to invite a special girl to come to their preschool. Usually it's a mom or grandma, but it can be anyone. I got to be Chelsea's special someone. I went last year and was really looking forward to it again this year. It's only an hour long, but I love the one on one time with her and to see her with her friends. She has so many cute friends at this school! Lately, the thing to do at school is to "borrow" things from friends. I have a hard time with this because I don't want to be responsible for any one's stuff getting broken, but occasionally a necklace or hairband will slip my supervision and end up in her back pack. oh well. I just hope we've returned everything to everyone.

This was the day after the "accident" and many friends were concerned about Chelsea's face. One adorable boy, Brennan, carefully walked up to her and said "Chelsea, I'm sorry you got hurt on your face!" He looked like he was going to cry! It was so sweet!

This is the beautiful corsage Chelsea made me and she even put it on my wrist all by herself. After I received my name tag, she led me upstairs to the dining area where we had fruit, juice, muffins and cookies. It was so fun to see all the friends showing off their "special someones"

When we were finished with our snacks, Chelsea led me back down to her classroom where we played with play-doh. First we made spaghetti, and then she wanted to spell Grandma Hadfield's name. She found the letters and pressed them in the dough, and my job was to get the dough out of the cutters. We make an awesome team!

Then we found a huge basket of duplos so we built a house. We didn't have time to finish it because it was story time. Chelsea sat on my lap as we listened to her teacher read the story "I ain't gonna paint no more!" It's a super cute book...we might have to add it to our collection.

This is Chelsea's friend Mia. I always end up parking next to her mom when for pick-up time and it's hard to get the girls to stop hugging long enough to get in the cars. Mia is always smiling and is just such a cute girl. I'm glad she is Chelsea's friend.

Brooke is also a friend in Chelsea's sunbeam class. We were really excited to learn that they would be in the same preschool class. Separately, these girls may appear to be shy, timid, and reserved...but together....they're quite the wild playmates. Chelsea says their favorite thing to play in the gym is "Kitties". I would love to see that game in action. We've had Brooke over several times to play. I love to have her over because she is so good with Michael too. Some of Chelsea's friends won't let him play with them, but Brooke just treats him like another friend. That might explain why I couldn't get Michael to stop kissing her the last time she was over.



I hope we can find such great friends for Chelsea wherever we move too. It would have been fun to watch Chelsea grow up with these girls. And even though Chelse will probably not remember them in a few years...I have already seen their influence on her developing personality. Leaving friends will definitely be THE hardest part of our upcoming move. I'm glad I was able to be Chelsea's special someone for the day and look forward to many more mommy-daughter dates!

2 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

You are such an awesome mom! Chelsea is such a lucky girl to have YOU as her special someone. You have all influenced us for good for the short while we've been able to know you- and you're not allowed to leave! Can't we just freeze time- make our babies stay babies & make sure no one will ever have to move away. I wish, but I guess change is part of life. You guys will do great where ever you go. You are wonderful people who attract friends easily. We will miss you. (but you're still not allowed to leave!):-)

Staigerfamily said...

This is the sweetest entry. I hope you copy it EXACTLY as it is in your scrapbook. I love it. . . gave me a lump in my throat. You seem to be doing that a lot lately. This is just so precious!