
That's right! Dan, Chelsea, Michael and I drove to Seattle this weekend to watch 85 year old grandma tie the knot to 88 yr old "Grandpa Jerry". They have been friends for many years. In fact, when their spouses were still alive, they were all friends! All of Jerry's sons (7 total) came to the wedding, but his only daugther, who is currently serving a mission, was not able to come. All of Grandma's kids were there, except Aunt Carol who is also serving a mission. It was the first time that I had met some of the "cousins". Aunt Melissa was the lucky one who got to watch our kiddos while we went to the wedding ceremony. Here's a cute picture of Grandma and Chelsea in the waiting room.

Chelsea got to be the first one to hug the newly-married-Great-Grandma!

It was cold and rainy with threats of snow, but they still got some pictures taken. Notice what happens when they think no-one was looking? Ah-ha! I caughtcha!

We also took the opportunity to get some pictures taken. This is Michael's "Smile" face. Lovely....

Isn't Melissa so dang cute!?



The wedding reception was held at Grandma's church.

I think Grandma was very excited about the cake cutting thing, cause she kept asking if it was time for her to feed Jerrry the cake. "Not yet, Mom" was the answer. :) My favorite part was watchign Jerry down the rest of his piece of cake. He held it with two hands, like a sandwich...and minutes later...it was gone. :)

Because of Grandma's knuckles, she couldn't have a wedding ring. So she told Jerry about the expandable CTR rings. I wish I got a picture of the actual ring, but it was a little crowded with cameras. The ring is really pretty with flowers in pink, purple and white.

Michael did pretty good through the long day, but there's no questions what his favorite part was!

After the reception, all of Dad's brothers and sisters went to Grandma's house to talk and catch up. The newlywed's started off on their honeymoon in a car that was shoepolished by one of the Grandson's (On Jerry's side!) The back window read "Just married!" the driver said "I'm 88 years young!" and the passenger side said "I'm younger than him!" What fun!
10 comments:
This is so sweet! I really like the cake! It looks like a lot of fun!!
Wondered where you were. Missed you at church! That is so, so sweet. I bet that car brightened a few people's day on the road!
So as I am reading this I am singing the song "Hey Jealousy" in my head. I love living in Idaho, but I also hate missing all the fun there in WA. Mostly I am jealous that you guys only live a few hours away from mom and dad. Seeing them only a few times a year just isn't enough. I am glad that you got to go and represent us. I am also glad that you had fun.
OH! That is so sweet! One of my favorite things ever is to see older couples so madly in love.:-) Shawn and I are gonna be smoochin' & holding hands til the day we die.:-)
I love this post! And I love that you're never too old to get married, eat wedding cake, smooch, etc. Adorable!
awww! So CUTE!
hehe- I love the cake part. and the car decor. and everything.
What a cute grandpa and grandma!!
How cute! Looks like everyone had tons of fun. I love the car decoration! I'm glad you got to go and have a good weekend!
That is so adorable!
THat is so cute that after all those years, they got married!!! life can be so Ironic sometimes.
that picture of your kids in front of the fountain is adorable.
you should scrapbook that.
its too precious.
im so glad your blogging. that is awesome.
Looks like fun! I am glad that people can still be in love and happy at that age. I've only seen Dan's Grandpa once when I was very young and yet he reminds me of him.
Post a Comment