
What is it about walls being the preferred medium for kids to do artwork on? What's wrong with paper? Last week there was an art show at our house. We had masterpieces on the wall, doors, computer screens, piano, microwave and TV. Chelsea and Michael creater their masterpieces with crayon, marker, and of course pen and pencil. Thank heaven for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! Chelsea was the main instigator in these drawings, and after repeated time-outs and privlidges taken away, we knew we had to get extreme. We took away her leapster, doll, doll stroller, bed-time sotry and song, and movies for an entire week. Tomorrow she gets them back. We haven't had any art work on anything but paper since. Finally, a punishment that worked!
But I had to laugh last night when I was putting the kids to bed. I finished Michael's bed time story and he asks "Chessie torie?"
"Nope, not tonight"
"Chessie trouble...Chessie color wahl..Chessie! NO COLOR WAHL! Color pepper!!!"
He just kept talking to himself about CHelsea getting in trouble because she colored on the wall until he fell asleep. But does he learn from other's examples? Heck no.
5 comments:
Oh man! I can't believe it-- KIDS! Michael sounds so adorable! Luckily our kids haven't discovered the joy of wall art (yikes! last time I said something like that to you--my kids quickly proved me wrong!)--but we know kids who have! Aaron's son Trevin colored all over their walls and kitchen cabinets with RED and GREEN Permenant Markers! Yeah--that doesn't come off with Mr Clean Magic Erasers!!!
SOOO FUNNY! Now I know I'm not the only one spending my days cleaning up rediculously needless messes!
Why is it that we think blank walls are better than kids' artwork, anyway? (Don't tell Cannon I asked this.)
I love it! I am so glad my kids are out of that stage. I remember blaming Jayden one time for writing all over our newly painted white banister. I was really mad and probably not a very nice mom. When I looked at it closer I realized that it couldn't have been Jayden because he was just tiny and there were letters written all over it. It was Alyssa. I really felt bad for Jayden because I had wripped into him not thinking my older daughter would have done it.
Mr.Clean is the best ever! There was once a week that Clayton spilt purple grape juice on our carpet, poured Soft Scrub all over the floor, and then liquid soap all over in my bedroom (all in our old house of course). Some times I think it's creativity, other times I think I'm going mad.:-)
Post a Comment