Friday, March 21, 2008

My brother rocks...and other stuff

You may not care to read this, but I feel I need to explain my lack of blogging. There are two computers in our apartment. Our dinosaur mac in our room which we mainly use to put pictures on. (Don't worry, we have made hard copies of the pictures from time to time...although it's probably time again) Then there's the work one in the kitchen which is connected to the internet. You'll have top excuse my lack of technical terms, but hopefully you'll get the idea of what I'm talking about. We don't have one of those cable things to connect our camera to the work computer, so the only way to put pictures on the computer is to take out the memory card, insert it in our old kodak easy share camera, which is basically broken and only works to transfer pictures to the computer from the easy share dock, and upload them to the dinosaur mac. From there, we take the pictures off of i-photo and put them on a flashdrive stick thingy and then take that downstairs to the work computer to upload them temporarily to get them on the blog.

Yeah, it's basically a BIG pain, but since I love you all so much and I know how much you want to see my family each and every day, I do it. :)

So, here's the excuse: Our flashdrive suddenly died. So, I got a new one, but just a small memory capacity one, because we'd only use it to transfer our pictures. When I went to put it in the mac, the mac said "NOt enough power to use this USB drive." What?! I put it in a few other drives, but the same thing happened. So what do I do? I call up my computer genius brother, Nate, and ask him for help. For some reason, the flashdrive was full...even though I had never used it before...so we erased it, and it now works. Kinda. I had a few issues with it still tonight as I discovered the USB port in the keyboard doesn't work...which makes another part of the story which I shall skip.

True, I could have blogged without pictures...but we all know what you are really interested in. And let's just be honest...my writing is not exactly entertaining. If I could write like my friend Janette, I would never have the need to post a picture again. She cracks me up with EVERY entry. (Thanks Janette)

Anyway, there are pictures coming. But of course, I can't post them all now! I have to keep you in suspense in case something more drastic happens and I can't post any more pictures until we get a new camera or computer (which lets face it...won't be happening any time soon).

3 comments:

tawna said...

YAY FOR NATE THE GREAT! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! Tia can post now!!! :D

Man- I never realized it was THAT big of a pain for you- you ARE a good woman! Im feeling much more inclined to be a better poster. Thanks. :)

Staigerfamily said...

Wow. . . you leave us all to shame! I think the entire family would agree that technological life is much easier thanks to super nate dawg!

Nathan said...

Aw, shucks.. thanks, guys.