Michael is usually pretty good about taking his naps. Some days he just doesn't want to lay down, even though Mom knows he is exhausted. Today I had to keep putting him back in his bed, or yelling from downstairs (oh yes, I yell. Some may find that hard to believe...but I'm really quite good at it...) to get back in bed. When the creaking of the ceiling finally ceased (one of the benefits of an apartment), I went upstairs to close the bedroom door so I could start practicing the piano. When I got to the top of the stairs, this is what I found. The pillow and blanket make it obvious that this was intentional. He was NOT going to sleep in his bed, but at least he fell asleep. I picked him up and stuck him in his bed and he didn't even budge. I told you mom knows all. :)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Stubborn...but I still win!
Michael is usually pretty good about taking his naps. Some days he just doesn't want to lay down, even though Mom knows he is exhausted. Today I had to keep putting him back in his bed, or yelling from downstairs (oh yes, I yell. Some may find that hard to believe...but I'm really quite good at it...) to get back in bed. When the creaking of the ceiling finally ceased (one of the benefits of an apartment), I went upstairs to close the bedroom door so I could start practicing the piano. When I got to the top of the stairs, this is what I found. The pillow and blanket make it obvious that this was intentional. He was NOT going to sleep in his bed, but at least he fell asleep. I picked him up and stuck him in his bed and he didn't even budge. I told you mom knows all. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That sounds exactly like when Noah started out growing his naps. Except he would put his pillow and blanket at the top of the stairs and fall asleep. I was always waiting to hear him roll down the stairs, but that never happened thankfully. Those are cute pictures.
What a silly kid! He is way cute! I wish we were closer so we could play with them more!
That is so funny. Kids! Sounds like something that would happen with Nathan--the positively more strong willed and independent child in our family--my is a second born thing!
That is such a funny story! He wasn't giving up without a fight. I can totally see Katie doing that when I switch her to a bed. (I'm waiting as long as possible).
The squeaky floors do have that one plus, don't they.:-) This is so adorable! Hmm...you yelling? I still can't fathom it.
God made us bigger for a reason. lol.
That's awesome! It's all about compromise, right?! So funny!
Post a Comment