Last Saturday I left the house for about 15 minutes to pick up my crockpot from a friend's house. When I got back, my sweet husband was on the computer, and the house was...well, disturbingly quiet. I asked him where the kids were, and he said "I don't know...probably upstairs...they were here just a second ago." So, we went to go find them, and this is what we found. Somehow, pretend cooking just isn't the same as real cooking. The flour was EVERY where.
Not only that, but their room was a disaster. Our apartment is getting so cramped that if I don't keep it picked up, I feel like I'm going crazy. So, now the flour is on their blankets, inside their beds, on their clothes, toys, slippers, EVERY where. To my suprise, it wasn't that bad to clean it up, thanks to a machine called a vacuum. This just confirms the saying that says something about silence only brings trouble, especially when there's a Chelsea and Michael involved.
13 comments:
WOW! That's a crazy mess! I'm just waiting for the day Isaac and Chelsea do something like that! Not really, but I'm sure it will happen!
Now I know I'm not alone...
I hate to say it but that is probably the funniest thing I have seen. Noah and Josh have never gotten in that much trouble. There was a time I was babysitting many years ago before josh and mason that noah thought it might be fun to play in the chocolate syrup. It was everywhere even on my brand new couch! I guess I have been pretty lucky.
Wow! That's craziness! I'm glad it wasn't hard to clean up because my first thought when I saw the picture was, "how did she clean that up?" I kept thinking of how awful flour is when it gets wet. Yuck.
Love it! Dads + Babysitting = Disaster, lol. My favorite part was the 'They were just here a minute ago' ... poor Dan ... I have no doubt that they WERE just there a minute ago. He was totally unarmed. At least now he knows what he's up against. lol.
oh noo. That looks terrible. yet pretty funny. :) glad your vaccuum sucks. literally. Our old vacuum used to just suck. Figuratively. yay for good vacuums. :)
That's great! Kids come up with the brightest ideas don't they? I'm glad it was easy to clean up though.
What a fun mess! There is always trouble around the corner when it gets really quiet.
Dan,
I feel so special that you saved your first post to put on my blog. I am sad to report that my training is not going where I wanted it to be. My dreams of running the full marathon were quickly dashed when my partner didn't want to run that far. I am still hoping to run the 10k but I think I might have to settle for the 5k. :o( And then I was thinking that 2 months isn't a long time to train since I have NO idea what I am doing. So now my thought is that since you guys are moving to spokane maybe you should come and run it with me next year. :o) What do you think? Maybe Trisa could run it too.
Oh and I hope you guys had a happy easter.
Wow. . . the joys of parenthood, siblings, and creative children all combined into small spaces!! Jeez. I am glad you had the frame of mind to take a picture. Today at storytime at the library the librarian was telling a story about a bear drawing a picture of his mom and said that he drew a big smile because "mom's are always smiling" and all the mom's in the room cracked up laughing. . . the kids couldn't figure it out!! Hang in there and I AM IMPRESSED WITH YOUR VACCUUM. . . mine never would have that power! (Let's hope I never get to test it with flour, though, either!!)
Does this remind you of life with a certain little brother who loved to "cook" ?!?!
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I saw this. Of course I felt bad that you had to clean it up, but this is to funny! It kind of reminds me of Rebecca's mess with Heather & the cake mix. At least you know you'll have two more good cooks in the family.:-)
Post a Comment