
So, Chelsea's best friend is a little girl she met at preschool last year, who happens to be our next door neighbor. Kayla is a very active girl and the two of them get along very well. We have her over somtimes for "play dates" as Kayla calls them. I'm not very familiar with that term. I grew up just having friends over to play. Not sure what the "date" thing has to do with anything. Anyway, these two are hillarious to listen too. Today they were setting up a game and this is how one of their typical conversations went:
Kayla: So, Chelsea, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Cheslea: I want to be a teacher
Kayla: (Gasp!)Me too!! We could both work at the same school together!
Cheslea: Yeah!
Kayla: So, what kind of teacher do you want to work at?
C: I know! We could teacher at a preschool!
K: Yeah! I caould be teacher, then you could be teacher, then I could be teacher!
C: Yup!
C: Mommy, what do you think we should be when we grow up?
Me: Well, it sounds like you guys want to be teachers. I think you would be great teachers.
K: No, I don't want to be a teacher. I want to be a farmer!
Chelsea is constanty making "things" for Kayla. Usually, she draws a picture, cuts into tiny pieces, tries to tape it back together, then stuffs it into an envelope. This year Kayla got into the pre-K program at the elementary school, but due to a lottery drawing, Chelsea did not. Too make trying to get together for "play dates" (gag) even harder, Kayla has preschool in the mornings, and Chelsea goes in the afternoon. Fridays are the only days they can play together and many times Kayla is visiting her dad. Oh! Here's something that Kayla just said
K: Chelsea, do you need a tissue?
C: No.
K: Well, there's things dropping from your nose.
C: Oh.
K. Here, I'll go get you a tissue.
Man, I love four year olds!
2 comments:
That is so funny! That girl sounds like she has quite the personality. That's great that she's your next door neighbor.
A farmer?! As if you live in Kansas or something? lol. I love it!
Post a Comment