nope... I still felt like I was 18...
I thought I would feel like a "big" girl when I had children.
(Chelsea)
(Michael)
(Brinly)
nope...still feel like I'm 19 (okay, maybe 24) ..just a little more busier, more tired, a little more lumpier, and much more happy.
I thought I would feel like a "big" girl when we bought our first home.
and, YES, I did feel more grown up!
BUT...
I was amazed at how grown up I felt when this arrived this week:
Our newest family member! I am so thrilled! SO excited! YAY!!!!!
I can't stop playing it!
The laundry isn't getting done...
I haven't made my bed all week...
There are dishes in the sink...
(I am still feeding my family...)
I LOVE it. Even Dan is taking up piano again! We played a couple songs together last night. It was so much fun!
The story: (this is rather boring, so feel free to skip....)
I have been teaching a few piano students and knew I needed something more than my digital piano, although it has been such a wonderful instrument.
There aren't any piano stores here in the tri-cities, so my options were drive to Spokane, Portland, or Seattle, or Craigslist.
a few months ago, Steinway Piano Gallery of Spokane, brought some pianos down for a weekend sale, held at the convention center here in town. I went, tried out some pianos, and really liked this one, but didn't want to make such a huge decision on just one brand, and 4 types of pianos (in my price-range). Besides, it was in an a weird color (not the one pictured above, so sound wasn't everything...)
So, I held off buying it, until I could make a trip down to Portland to try out some others.
Well, that trip happened last week, for spring break. I spent several hours going to different stores, trying out pianos. I kept leaning towards this same brand, The Essex (a piano designed by Steinway and Sons, their entry level piano).
I decided to call the Spokane store to see if they could price match, in hopes that the 2 hr drive would cut shipping costs. (although Portland has NO sales tax....) It was tough.
I called on Monday. Yes, they could price match. But they didn't have it in the same color as when they came out. I asked for pictures. The Color was PERFECT.
AND, he happened to be making a trip down to UTah, and could "drop by" with the piano so I could play it. IF I liked it, they would leave it, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping! Wahoo! So, about 48 hours later, I had the piano. I played it, loved it, and the rest is history....


10 comments:
congrats on the newest addition!!
Do people throw 'piano showers'?
I could get you some sheet music or something... :D
Congratulations!! It is beautiful and I am sure there is beautiful music coming from it!!
What an awesome early birthday present!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!
Congrats on the piano! And everything else!
Oh, maybe someday... (Pretty sure driving to Portland won't be an option for us, though! =) )
Enjoy that beauty!
That is seriously a beautiful piano!! I want to come and play those beautiful keys! How fun! I am hoping for one one day in my future! Haha, when I'm all grown up! :o) If you ever feel like selling your other one... I'll buy it!! :o) By the way, I just think you are wonderful and I really hope you know that! I hope, hope, hope, to make it out to see you guys while we are here it would he great! Hope you are all well!!!
Yay for you! that's awsome! I always find that when things are right, they just fall in to place...this was meant to be yours :)
Love the piano. Congrats. I think I would neglect things around the house to play it all day as well. Not that I know how to play, but I pretend!
I cannot tell you how jealous I am of you right now!! I am really hoping that is our next big purchase. I just need to finish convincing Connor that now is the time to buy one.
Congrats! It is beautiful!
I'm oozing with envy right now! You lucky duck!! I can't wait to have a piano again some day...some day.:) You deserve it Trisa. I'm so happy for you.
By the way, I would have LOVED for you to stop by- please do any time. We would love to see you guys!! Need some food, use the toilet? Whatever.;)
By the way, I remember you asking about a restaurant with trains a while back and I'm not sure if you ever found "the one" that you were looking for. There are two that I've seen that might fall under that category that I've seen so far- the Pizza Caboose and the Old Spaghetti Factory. Just thought I'd pass that along. Okay, this is getting really long.:) Have fun tickling the ivory!!!!:)
Ah, I'm jealous! I want a new piano so bad! I might be getting one soon. Our piano keeps needing a pitch raise. So annoying. My piano tuner can get nice used Yamaha uprights out of Japan for pretty cheap. I think we might go that route. Here's to hoping....
Post a Comment