Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas is comin'....

We are so excited that Christmas will be here soon. Part of me wishes it would take longer to get here, as I love all the excitement that builds up.  Two weeks ago, we picked out our Christmas tree...


It was FREEZInG outside, but Brinly was nice and toasty in her carseat, so we left her asleep in the car, while we picked out our tree.


Michael wanted to watch trim the bottom of the tree. Reminder: It was FUREEzinG! Don't let the short sleeve shirt and shorts fool you. He had to go stand by the fire for a while after he came in.


Let the decorating begin!



This past weekend, we went to the Parade of Lights. The Kiawanis club hosts this, and people can decorate their boats and float up the Columbia River. There weren't as many boats this year, but it was still fun to see.


Chelsea and I went to see the nutcracker. I haven't been to a live Nutcracker performance since I was in Kindergarten, so I was pretty excited. I loved going with Chelsea and helping her understand what was going on...


In other news:

Thanksgiving weekend, Brinly learned to sit up and CRAWL...in a matter of days. Not only can she sit by herself, but she can get to that position by herself. I think I might have cried myself to sleep... Why does she have to grow up so fast!?



However, sitting on her own does have its perks. Now I don't have to be drenched when I give her a bath. She was just getting to big for that baby tub.

And just because I thought this picture was funny:
hehehhehe

Moving on...




Chelsea lost her first tooth! 
It was a very exciting event. Most of her friends started losing their teeth last year, in kindergarten. I think she was feeling a little behind. Dan actually popped it out, but trust me. It was ready, Like, laying-on-her-lip-because-its-so-lose, ready. (so gross)

The tooth fairy did come last night, but left her a note saying that she would come back tonight, after Chelsea had a chance to take the tooth to show and tell.

Michael was so fascinated with the whole process, and tooth.


Last night, after I came home from rehearsing for some musical numbers, Dan told me to be quiet, because the baby was sleeping. I could hear her breathing, but couldn't figure out where she was.

Until I saw this:



Doesn't that look SO comfy?! I want a basket to sleep in!

 
I love these little toes...


Truly, one of my most precious gifts, I have ever received!



4 comments:

tawna said...

So so so cute and sweet. That last picture of the Brinster makes her aunty proud. :)

i love michael's fascination with the lost tooth.

and how fun to see the nutcracker with Chels! What a special mommy-daughter date.

and the semi-closed eyes pic of brinly..BAHAHA!

Staigerfamily said...

A little dentist in the making, eh?

What an adorable little baby in the basket . . . and the lost tooth. . . the tree. . . the nutcraker. . .
I love all the updates! Funny there are things to update me on when we spend this much time on the phone. .

Finally--when I saw the shorts and t-shirt I couldn't help but think--man, my kids would probably be out there in underwear. . . or naked. No matter how freezing.

thesearlesociety said...

How fun picking out your tree. I love doing that.
Congrats to Chelsea on losing her fist tooth. I remember I used to wiggle and wiggle my loose teeth until they came out!

And I love the picture of Brinley in the basket, sooo cute!

CareyClan said...

Awww- I bet Dan was so proud of the whole tooth thing:) Probably the easiest tooth he's ever pulled!