Wednesday, April 22, 2009

T-ball season begins!

I've been wanting to get Chelsea into sports for a while now, but couldn't find any programs. In Portland, they had TONS of classes offered by the Parks and Recreation department, but there aren't so many out here. When I got a flyer for T-ball, I jumped on the chance. My family was never too into sports, so I've never been to a t-ball game or basically any sport where I knew the players. I am thoroughly looking to many years of being a sports mom!

Tonight was the first practice. It was the most entertaining thing I've seen in a LONG time. :)



She started out in outfield, with basically everybody else. I was impressed at how she would go after the ball. I thought she would be too timid and shy, especially with all the boys on the team, but she went after that ball! She wasn't sure what to do with it once she got it though...







Waiting patiently for her turn at bat.


Finally her turn!



check out all those boys! There are three girls on the team and probably 10-12 boys. She doesn't seem to care one bit, and is actually excited a boy from her class is on her team.
Dan volunteered to help with some of the "drills". They called and asked him to be the coach, but he couldn't be sure he would be done with work in time each week, so he had to decline. Maybe next year!

Michael would watch for about 30 seconds, then race off to play on the playground. Practices are held at Chelsea's elementary school, with her Kindergarten teacher's husband as the coach.


Her first GAME is on Tuesday, so plan on even MORE pictures!

4 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

I love it and can't wait to start the boys too!

Michael's pose below is hilarious!! haha:) Hope your cold is over. Pregnancy and getting a cold is never a good combo.

Erin R. said...

So fun! Cngratulations on entering the world of sports! T-ball is so fun! We are looking forward to the day that Andrew starts playing.

Staigerfamily said...

How fun! The CHELZ sure is the cutest kid on the team!! I want to see some video!

The Greenwald Family said...

Our boy had so much fun with T ball. Just think when the baby comes there will be no slowing down like with the first.