Before the hunt, they had various activities set up, like frosting cookies..
making bunny-ear hats,
games in the gym,
and finally the hunt. They were pretty proud of their stash!
After naps, Dan took the kids to hike up Badger Mountain. The kids love the gusts of wind at the top, but best of all, they LOVE to lick their suckers when they reach the top.
Every year I want to get pictures taken of the kids in their Easter clothes, but can never manage to get ready early enough to take them. After church, hair is messed up, kids are hungry and tired, and pictures are just not going to happen. I snapped these while Dan loaded up the car before church, so at least I'd have something! We're going to pretend this sunday is Easter Sunday again, and really get ready early for pictures! :)
Chelsea looked so beautiful and grown up in her new dress. She doesn't like the fluffy tuille stuff under dresses, but this one only had a thin strip at the bottom, so I was able to convince her to wear it. :) It will be nice to have a baby I can dress frilly again.
And this is how Chelsea being completely lady-like in her dress. Apparently getting an easter egg is more important than being a lady.
Here is my handsome boy finding his eggs. I love how enthusiastic this kid gets over everything. He makes holidays twice as fun!
And what did we eat for our festive Easter dinner? COLD CEREAL! :) Let's just say I was feeling more lazy than usual. Maybe next year....
6 comments:
Happy Happy Easter! I love the dress. .. so adorable and sweet! Those are some AWESOME EASTER BASKETS!! Can't wait to see that baby girl in her frilly dresses. I can't get enough of frilly girls around here. . .
It looks like you guys had a good Easter. Your kids look so cute in their Easter clothes. I am too cheap to buy my kids a new outfit just for Easter. I am glad that we aren't the only ones who didn't have an exciting dinner. I was going to make chicken divine, but then realized I never bought the broccoli. SO in an effort to save dinner we had Hawaiian Haystacks with cheese and green onion. I hate cooking such a big meal when our picky kids won't eat it. It ends up just Matt and I eating it. So we said maybe next year too. Happy Easter!
Does the Ether Bunny still leave chocolate all over the house in places obscure enough that you keep finding it all year long?
oh yes. The easter bunny is very tricky. You'd think I'd learn to check the top of the cupboard doors before I open them, after all these years. But, alas, I still get knocked in the head with a chocolate egg when I go to get a drink. He's a very sneak Easter bunny.
Holy Smokes. Is Chels what, like 10 in that picture on the mtn??? sheesh.
WHAT STINKING BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!!! Loving it!!!
SO So SO.CUTE.
cant wait for the twinner dresses!!!
The kids look darling! I'm so sorry that you are feeling sick again. I had that happen too and it is no fun!! You're almost there!!
Post a Comment