After we had our complimentary cookies and milk from the hotel, we got in our swimsuits and headed for the pool. My kids LOVE to swim. Love, LOVE, L.O.V.E. to swim, and with no public pools here in tri-cities (how many times have I mentioned that on this blog?), finding a hotel with a pool, was a must. Since it was so late, we had the whole pool to ourselves. We had to keep a close eye on Michael, since he would just run and jump into the pool, not carrying if someone was there to catch him or not. He's a human-born fish. I've got to get this kid in swim lessons, as we might have Michael Phelps clone on our hands. They had a huge hot tub that even the kids were allowed to get in. Beautiful.
Besides swimming, the kids highlight of the week was the hot, complimentary breakfast. Chelsea was in love with the sausages, waffles, and fruit cocktail and Michael was happy eating his cereal and muffins. YUM!
After breakfast, we packed up the car (Michael carrying the suitcase again) and headed for the Children's museum. It was very small, but the kids had fun. Chelsea's favorite station was the art area...
Michael wanted to spend the entire time with the "dirt"...go figure...
but both had fun trying on all the dress up clothes. Chels looks pretty sharp as a cop, don't ya think?
The kids museum was located in the basement of the mall, which is about 4 or 5 five stories high, so of course we had to go up and down the escalators a few times. We took in an I-Max movie of Madagascar II (which I'm pleased to announce that I didn't get too nauseous in. I have issues with I-max films). Then we rode on a carousel, then it was time to head home. It was a nice getaway, but the highlight was definitely the pool and breakfast!
7 comments:
what a fun little trip!
you could come visit here, there are a couple of pools.
Sounds like so much fun!! I love the weekend getaway idea. . . maybe someday. Chelsea is an adorable cop! Nathan is just like that--having to do everything himself. WHat a fun memory for your kids. love it!! You could spend the summer here. . . we could teach our kids swimming lessons in mom's pool. . .
I sounds like you had a fun trip! Weekend getaways are so nice!
oh man. So fun! Awesome!!
Love you guys!
and Chels looks AWESOME!!!
I love the get up Chelsea!:) What a fun tradition- I'm sure the kids will love these memories.
You're under 100 days! Wahoo!!:)
What a fun trip! I used to like staying in hotels. The novelty wore off after having to stay in one here for 16 days while we waited for our belongings! The same breakfasts everyday got a little old too!
The kids went to a Pediatrician here in Columbus. Russell can only see Military. There aren't enough dentists for them to see military and their families. But when we go to Germany we will be seen on post by a dentist, possibly Russell!
Post a Comment