Friday, March 6, 2009

Sunday tradition

I don't feel like our family has a lot of traditions, and we're certainly not very consistent with the ones we do have...does that still make them a tradition?

I remember when I was little, usually having popcorn and bottled fruit on Sunday evenings. I'm not sure if it's something carried over from my Dad's childhood or not, but I remember sometimes having the same thing at my Grandma Hadfield's house.


Usually we have a big meal after church (in the late afternoon) and that was it. I never cook two meals on sundays, so we have to a snack in the evening. We don't do this every Sunday, but if we have a snack, it's usually popcorn and fruit.



One problem though...I'm running out of peaches. I'll have to double my batch this year.

4 comments:

The Greenwald Family said...

This is Marshall's wife, Aimee. That is a great tradition. Traditions are so important even it is popcorn and fruit.

Staigerfamily said...

Ahhhhh. . . nothing says Sunday's like bottled fruit and popcorn. Let me say it once again. . . I am still amazed at your bottling fruit. Very impressed. Very Martha Stewart like. Canning fruit in my world consists of a trip to the store and a can opener. . .
I like the only one meal on Sunday thing (well. . .plus breakfast). I think I am going to start doing this at my house. . .

Nessa said...

So fun. What a great idea. traditions can be so fun...your children will thank you later for being such a great mom.

tawna said...

This was a Favorite of mine!

Im still trying to uphold this at my house....Though Patrick might get 3 meals....(Im okay with any excuse to feed him MORE)

Did i tell you my MIL gave me a canning pot thing for Christmas? IM SO EXCITED!!