Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Overheard at our house...


I'm in the kitchen making sandwiches for lunch. Michael walks in...

Michael: "Mom, can I had a cookie?"
Mom: "No, not right now. I'm making lunch."
Michael: "But mom, them are helty for me."
Mom: "No they're not. They have lots of sugar in them."
Michael: "I'm sure there is mom, but I still like em!" (said with MUCH attitude)

Man, this kid can always make me laugh. Which is not always a good thing. And no, even though he was adorable, he still did not get his cookie. Tough Love.


Then just an hour later, he was looking at a human anatomy book my brother got us for Christmas one year. It has great illustrations (mainly digital images) of every part of the body. On the cover there is a skeleton, and then a series of pictures of different pictures on the side. The top two are just pictures of a skull.

Michael: "Mom, and what is this Man's name?"
Mom: "I have no idea Michael"
Michael: "I know mom. His name is Bad. Silly."

So knowledgeable, that boy.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Adorable. I wish I would have written down things like this when my kids said them. Michael is so cute and says the darnest things.

David and Melissa said...

So cute, I am excited for the day when Lainey says funny things like that. I hope I can remember to write them down like you have been doing. Great job mom! How are you feeling, by the way? Getting closer and closer!!