Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time for Boys!

On Saturday, Michael and Dan went to "hang out" (I'm not supposed to say that they went on a date..."


So, just in case you are wondering what it takes to have a hang out, here you go:

First, you have to get ready.
Jacket? check.
baseball cap? check.
"Camer" a.k.a. camera? Check.
Cute boy and Dad? Check and Check.

Next you have to have somewhere to go.

Michael and Dan's destination? A Monster Truck Rally!


This was by far Michael's favorite part. A Dinosoaur that ATE cars! too cool.



Next, you have to protect your ears...if it's too loud...and if it's a going to be a man's hang out...it will probably be VERY loud. :)

There has to be LOTS of junk-food. Pizza, pop, popcorn, and cotton candy will do the trick.

A souvenir to show everyone about your fun "hang out" is always an added bonus.
Michael got this cool flag. He wanted a pink one...but a Dad has to put his foot down somewhere.


But most important, you HAVE to have a great time together!...and a picture for mom of course. :)

And what do the girls do while the boys are away? Well, I told Chelsea we could do WHATEVER SHE WANTED TO DO.


I was worried that she would be sad about not going, but she surprised me with the sweetest mom-daughter DATE ever. She planned out EVERYTHING. She spent the morning laying out all the activities and things we would need.

First, we started out making "party necklaces" which were made from pony beads and string. Then, we finger painted drawings that she had made that morning. Next, we made cookies. (well, we put pre-made cookies on a cookie-sheet and tossed them in the oven). While the cookies were cooking, we read stories together on the couch. She had the books pre-selected for us and waiting on the couch. When the cookies were done, and the stories read, we popped popcorn and snuggled together with blankets and pillows on the couch for a movie...Kit Kittridge (The American Girl movie..) When the movie finished, we just had to get up and dance while the credit's rolled. When they were over, we still weren't done dancing, so we put on some music from the digital piano. Mom got worn out after a half hour, so we pulled out some games to play. First we played a round of Memory (which she is stinkin' awesome at...but I still won. :)) Then we played SEVERAL rounds of Uno. She is so fun to play with and never is a bad sport. It seemed too soon that the boys were home. I really wish I had pictures to post to show you the thought this little girl put into our date. She had the beads in a bowl, the paint squirted on separate plates, the pillows ready, EVERYTHING was thought out. I LOVE this little girl and will cherish this day forever.

(I took a few pictures with my new cell phone (WAHOO!!!) but I have no clue how to get them to the computer.)

9 comments:

The Moss Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time with the mommy daughter time and father and son time. A suggestion on how to get your pic onto the computer is that you can email them to you from your phone then save them to your computer. Most phone will let ya email by just putting in a email address instead of a phone number.

Brit said...

how fun for all parties included!

Janet said...

What a fun day for all of you. I wish everyone would take time out of their busy lives to do that. Myself, included. I bet Chelsea thinks you are the coolest mom ever. What special memories.

Staigerfamily said...

Oh. My. Gosh! A monster truck rally? Seriously? I cannot believe it. That is HALARIOUS. I can't wait to show Jonathan . . .
And HOW PRECIOUS! I loved reading about Chelsea's methodical planning for your date. It sounds like such a blast. What a skill! She should be a wedding planner. . .

Erin R. said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I love my boys sooooo much, but hope that I can have a little girl to do girl-things with some day.

Tawna said...

Oh man. Those pictures just re-confirmed that i want to go to one of those- maybe THIS SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY!!! :) Okay. so there's not one THIS SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY but one must use the fantastic monster truck rally voice whenever the occasion permits...

Anyways.. HOW FUN.

And melt my heart with the sweetest chelsaroonie!! I can totally see everything set out, prepared= CUUUUUTE!

David and Melissa said...

I am looking forward to times like that with Lainey and hopefully someday we will have a boy for David to hang out with too. It looks like they had a blast! Great job on the "heart hair" too, by the way, that is awesome!

Shawn and Tasha said...

LOVE Michael's expression on the last picture. So tough.:) I love it when the boys get to have "their time" with daddy. And to have a little girl?? I wonder what that must be like.:) I bet Chelsea had a blast with her coolest ever mom too.:) She is too cute!

thesearlesociety said...

You guys are such good parents! How fun for your kids to have time alone with their mom and dad. Good memories!