Monday, March 23, 2009

Recent happenings:

Well, I finally enrolled Chelsea in dance lessons. We got the tuition pro-rated since she will be starting 7 weeks into the class, but she still has 11 left to go. The class is an hour long, with the first 20 minutes in tap instruction and the remainder in ballet. Her friend from her church class is in the class with her, so that is extra fun. I get to sit in the hall with Michael and watch the class through big glass windows. Last week was her first week, and she was smiling the entire time. Michael and Chelsea's favorite activity is to turn the piano on to "demo" and dance to all the songs, so I think this class will be perfect for her. I'm going to have to get Michael into gymnastics or something, because I think he's a little sad he doesn't get to go to dance class.




As for me? I'm pregnant.

28 weeks now.

The baby is definitely gathering strength with each week and kicks pretty stinkin' hard. I try to focus on how amazing it is to have a life inside me, but sometimes (like at 2 AM) it's hard to be enjoying the constant stabs. :) Michael enjoys playing with my now-outy belly button. :)Lovely.



As for Dan, he feels he's in the twilight zone. Have you ever ran into a person, over and over, and wonder just how small the world could be? Well, that's what's happening to Dan.

When he first started working, he was anxious about running into patients outside of the office. We're both pretty quiet, shy people, who feel very awkward and pretty much every situation.

So far, he has only ran into ONE patient. But it's getting a little weird. Let me explain,


The patient is an 8 yr old boy whom Dan performed a root canal on. First of all, Dan doesn't like working on kids as much as adults, because he hates seeing the worry in their eyes as they sit in the chair. He hates being the "mean" guy.

The weird part, is that we seem to run into him, A LOT...and not just seeing him, but end up sitting RIGHT next to their family at busy places.
The first time he ran into him, was the very night after Dan had worked on him, at blockbuster. Poor kid was still a little swollen from the procedure, but seemed to be in good spirits.

The next time was a few weeks later, at McDonalds. There are MANY McDonald's around here, and we went to one farther away from our house. It was McTeacher's night (where the teachers at the elementary school come serve their students at McDonalds and a portion of the procedes go back to the school) So, it was PACKED. What table opens up for us? The one RIGHT next to theirs.

Another time was last weekend at the Monster truck rally. Dan took this picture of Michael and after he snapped it, realized the boy and his family were sitting in the background.

You can't see the boy in this picture, but you can see his Dad and sister in the upper left hand corner. One little event in for the entire tri-cities, and not only are they there, but are practically sitting right next to Dan!

The most recent time, was this past weekend. We had gone to Chuck E. Cheese to play with the kids, but can't stand their pizza, so we drove across the river, to Pasco, to go to Eatsa Pizza. It was fairly crowded, but there was an open booth next to the window for us. Just after we sat down, we looked out the window and Dan says "No way. NO WAY!" Sure enough...it's "The Boy" and his family. Where do they end up sitting? in the booth RIGHT next to ours.

Weird. Twilight Weird. It makes you wonder how many people you run into on a regular basis, but have no idea, because nothing about them stands out to make you remember them. It seems like this happens to Dan a lot, but it's not with several people, just one. One individual that seems to follow him everywhere. Talk about a small world...

10 comments:

Nessa said...

That is hilarious and kinda wierd...what are the odds?

Janet said...

That is pretty strange. It's crazy how you can run into some people over and over and live in the same town and never ever see others. I bet Chelsea will be a great little dancer. She looked so cute in her ballarina costume. Hallie is in a little dance group. She hates it and wants to skip every week. They got the cutest angel costumes for their recital and she doesn't even care or want to put it on. I don't think a dance career is in her future.

thesearlesociety said...

How crazy! Maybe you should invite them to your house for dinner!:)

Shawn and Tasha said...

A few things:

1) Chelsea is a doll in that tutu.

2) You are a hot mama with that pregnant belly.:)

3) The story of "the boy" is crazy weird!

tawna said...

BAHAHAHAHA. Loving The Boy. BAHAHAHA.

YOU ARE SO CUTE! and I am jealous of your outtie.

and what a SWEET ANGEL the chels is!!!
Beautiful!!

tawna said...

oh, and by The Boy, I dont mean michael. Although we are loving him too.

Gary Church said...

1. You look so cute pregnant!!! :D

2. I can't believe you have a kid old enough to be as tall as Chelsea.

3. Michael is hilarious ... I loved his 'over heard at our house' on the previous post.

4. Dan's small world experiences are almost creepy. Uncanny!

Katie Page said...

Hey Trisa! I'm so proud of you for posting pregnant pictures. I'm feeling too large to post pictures right now. A friend of mine took a picture of the two of us at my recent baby shower and posted it on her blog. I about cried. I look so chubby! Well, that is what I get for being small I guess. You, on the other hand, look awesome! Michael's stories are hilarious. I can't wait to get my first little one here and have stories to share too!

Emily said...

You are so tiny! What a cute belly.

Wendy said...

Okay, you don't look even close to 28 weeks in that picture!