LOVE my sisters. I talk to them pretty much everyday and hate living so far away from them. Thank goodness for blogs! We didn't always get along. There were LOTS of fights and arguments. In fact, my little sister, Tawna, actually drove me nuts for MANY years, but now, I can't get enough of that girl. It makes me sad that I wasted so much time being annoyed by her instead of taking advantage of having such a fun, outgoing sister.
Anyway, I was going through some of my baby books my mom put together for me, and found these pictures.
Tawna and I are 4 1/2 years apart, which seemed so far apart when we were young. Now, not so much. It makes me a little sad that Chelsea and her little sister will be even further apart in age, but I'm sure they will be great friends, like Tawna and I.

On the other hand, Tami and I are 18 months apart. She was in the grade older than me, so we pretty much went to school together, and in highschool, often had the same friends. We usually shared a room, which made for many memories, like doing summersaults off of the top bunk on to the floor, laying in bed waiting for the other to turn off the alarm clock in the mornings, marker wars, and of course, the good ol' you-can't-pass-this-line-on-to-my-side-of-the-room arguments. I love this picture of us together. I think this was my 4th birthday.

I have some pretty stinkin' awesome brothers too. I don't think I could have asked for better brothers. they did their fair share of teasing (especially Neldon), but they have always been so good to me and my sisters. I love having a big family, and have no idea how my mom and dad did it. They are pretty amazing themselves. :) But that's a post for another time...
5 comments:
I know I said this before, but...
HOW CUTE AM I?!?!?!?!
Seriously, people. That is stinkin' adorable!!
You're pretty okay, too.
Love neld's expression.
EVIE- YOU ARE AWESOME TOO. You're just not pictured. Cuz you came around to late. But life's not all bad. after all, you're going to CHINA. (and it's not like YOULL EVER READ THIS>>)(UGH)
anyways...
LOVE YOU, FREECE FREECE MCGEEESE
Aren't sisters the best?! I'm so glad I at least have one.:) Those pictures are great!
This post was awesome. I love the pictures. I do not have anything like these in my books. Love it!! You are so cute. . . and i am fearing for Tawna's safety in that picture! Yikes! I am so grateful to have such wonderful sisters too. I love you and miss you like CRAZY. Thanks for all of the memories, laughter and long distance phone calls!!
It's nice that you can admit that you didn't always get along. I once tried to tell my sister how sad I was that I wasn't nice to her and she was offended and thought I was saying that I hated her as a kid. My mom always told me I would regret how rude I was to my sisters and I never believed but I do now. I try to tell my nieces to be nice to each other because they'll regret it too. Hasn't worked yet.
Is that a plastic table cloth? Awesome. I love the old school pics ... nothing like the hair-dos!! :D
Post a Comment