Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random News

I realize that I do NOT blog as much as I used to, so here are a bunch of random happenings. Most of these things are pictures that are going in my Project 365 book (which I love more and more!!) We also just upgraded our internet speed, so uploading pictures isn't such a pain, so hopefully I'll be more consistent.


24 weeks!
we are almost to the Third trimester! WAHOO! Except, this little girl is VERY active, and I still have 4 more months for her just to get bigger and stronger. Last night Michael fell asleep on my stomach, and baby girl started kicking him in his head. He was so exhausted that he didn't notice, but I did!

We are doing great! Back pains have started, it's getting hard to bend over to pick things up, and the bathroom is once again my best friend.

Current cravings: TWIX!!!

Once again, chelsea took this picture. She is so awesome!
I have been feeling very unfit lately, but it's too cold to go walking (at least that's my excuse), and a gym membership isn't realistic...I'm NOT getting up at 5:00 to go, and I'm just too darn tired at night...so here's my solution:


It wasn't quite what I was looking for, but much cheaper, so I went for it. I LOVE IT! it came with a workout video which moves VERY fast. I'm so excited about this!

For Valentine's day, I tried to be super cute and make a festive breakfast. We had heart shaped pancakes with red food coloring, topped with strawberries and whip cream. And of course, sausages. The kids thought the heart shape was cool, but didn't know what to think about the pepto-bismol colored pancakes.


I had a lot of fun with this holiday. I think it might be one of my favorites, because the few gifts I give the kids are from US, not from Santa, or the Easter Bunny, etc., but just from mom and dad because WE LOVE THEM!


These are the Valentines Chelsea made for her school class. She did an awesome job!


On Sunday I tried to be ambitious and make this heart hairstyle I saw online. It was such a pain, but turned out okay. Probably won't be repeated this hairstyle for another year..

That's enough for this post. :) Wouldn't want to bore anyone!

8 comments:

Shawn and Tasha said...

Yeah, you better get blogging more.:) haha You can forget the "don't want to BORE anyone." hahahahaha We miss you & since you don't live 2 doors down anymore, we want to see more of you!:)

Your belly's so tiny & cute. Abra's right. There are quite a few gals in our ward the are prego. Skylar (boy), Angie (boy), Kristie (boy), Emilee (girl), Sister Cluff's daughter-in-law (boy), myself (???), and I think that's all. And, YOU still count as part of our ward too, right?:) I have a few friends who are just now telling that they're due the same month I am- so exciting (but a bummer since they're all back home).

I love your valentine's day traditions. I remember thinking the same thing last year when I saw the love envelopes up on your wall.

Shawn and Tasha said...

By the way, I still don't know how you held off telling everyone for SO long...that would have absolutely killed me, that's if my sister didn't get to me first!

And yes, I can't wait until ice cream finally sounds good again. Oooo and add a Twix on top. Now that doesn't sound too bad.:)

Brit said...

cute hair-do on chelsea! And way fun pancakes! Cool that V-day is so fun for your fam! Kelsey doesn't like it so I have kinda been lazy about it too, he has drug me down with him,grr. hehe.

Janet said...

I love Chelsea's hair. That looks like it took a lot of work. I don't think I could get Hallie to sit for that long. Love your Valentine's Day celebration...I love Pepto Bismol pancakes. I also love Valentine's day just for the fact that it's all about love to those you love. It's a great time to tell family how important they are to you. You are such a cute pregnant girl!!! I'm feeling a little sad because that is how my belly looks after a big dinner and I'm not 24 weeks pregnant. How depressing! FYI: I guess I said skating pond not realizing that it sounds like its a real lake but it was just a person made skating rink area outside.

Wendy said...

What kind of a hair-freak friend would I be without a comment on that one?! Unbelievable, my friend. Just incredible!

And yes, you are one cute pregnant lady! Maybe that's why everything you do looks so good! I've used the baking soda/vinegar cup idea for song review 2 weeks in a row now and I think I could probably keep going for another 2 at least without the kids getting tired of it. (But we're due for another song and why ruin a good thing?)

I LOVE your pictures of the water park. That looks like sooo much fun! Let us know if you're ever headed to Arizona and we'll take you to one OUTSIDE! =)

Staigerfamily said...

NOT A BORE. I love it! you could go on for a bazillion more pictures and not be a bore. . .
THE HAIR IS INCREDIBLE. I am drooling with hair-doing lust. . . so totally jealous. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!! What fun.
So the workout video and stepper can nix the twix effects, right? Sweet! Man--our valentines was TOTALLY LAME. . .next year I'll have to review this for inspiration! AND YOUR HOUSE LOOKS CUTE! I know I am supposed to be looking at that belly. . . but enjoyed the glimpse of the fireplace deco! I WANT TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE!!!

Brent and Rachel Izu said...

There is a reason the Lord sent boys to my house. My poor girls' hair would always be in a boring pony tail and on a good day would have no bumps. I tried to do my 3 year old nieces hair at Christmas--she told me I need lots of practice and better have a girl. I am feeling your pregnancy woes. Good luck!

Emily said...

Cute Valentines! And I love the breakfast you made. Yummy.