Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!

Welcome to 2009 everyone! I love how a new year gets everyone all pumped up to start fresh and work on improvin ghteir lives, even if it lasts just a few months, a few weeks, a day or even a few hours! :) Although I haven't written mine all down, I've got a list in my head that I want to work on.

One, I'd like to share, is journaling.

When I was about 12, I was an awesome journaler. I worte everyday for at least a year, and then every couple days for the next few years. However, since I got engaged, it's a once every couple months things. I hate the feeling that I'm not recording some very special things that happen in my life and even the not-so-special things that I would like to remember in the years to come.

I'd like to present my solution for 2009:

Project 365!



This is a kit I just ordered from Creating Keepsakes. The idea is that you take a picture of anything, every day, for one year. With this kit, they provide a little card where you can journal, or not, about that picture. For those days thahttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gift the journaling might be more extensive, they provide cards that fold out, to make more room for your writing. Some days, you may not need to write anything, after all..."Pictures say a 1000 words!".

To read more about it, go here There are other entires of her blog where Becky Higgins explains the project more thoroughly.

Anyway, I'm super excited about this, and hope that it will help me document the year of 2009, big moments and small.
Anyone else out there doing this?

2 comments:

Erin R. said...

What a great idea! You'll have to keep us posted on how you are coming with it!

Emily said...

What a cool idea.