Look what Dan found on one of his night runs? Oh yeah, the biggest, slimiest frog/toad I have ever seen. I'm not up on my amphibians to know what it was. It had webbed feet, for what it's worth...
The kids thought it was awesome. I, on the other hand, was not as excited. I usually don't get squeamish about bugs, critters, or frogs, but this one creeped me out! Especially when I tried to take pictures of the event. I'd be focusing on getting a good picture and the thing would jump right out at me!
I, of course, scream.
I was bascially leaning over the kitchen counter, stretching out my arms as far as I could go (unfortunately, our zoom doesn't work on the camera) to try to snap pictures. Here's what I have to represent my efforts. And a taste of a typical photo shoot at our house.
"Michael! Look at mom and smile so I can take a picture of you and the frog!"
"oKay, maybe not that much. Let's try it again"..I say, still reaching and trying to regain my composure after the thing jumped out at me...again, for like the 5th time.
"well, a little more would be nice. Let's try Chelsea."
"Perrrfect! Great job Chels! Wish the camera didn't take such blury pictures, but great pose! AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Oh yes, that would make jump number twelve.
"Okay Michael, let's try you again."
sigh... "oh well. Let's just get a picture of the frog."
"great job, Frog. Michael? Let's try one more time. Now, just smile a little bit for mommy, okay?"
"SIGH. I give up."
oh well. He's still cute, although such a pain to try to get good pictures of.
P.S. After our photo shoot, and waking up the neighbor's with my screaming, we all hopped in the van to take the little (HUMONGOUS) frog to the stream that runs by our neighborhood. Good bye frog. Please don't return.
6 comments:
That is so like my brother to pick up a creature and bring it home. He used to always catch snakes. I am glad that your kids liked it. I love Michael's smiles. So cute!
EW! Actually, I think I'd much rather have a frog enter my door than a rat or a snake. "Oh cool! Look at that froggie...Mommy, did Michael just eat a lemon?" -Clayton
I loved, loved this post! those pictures of michael will always bring you a smile as you remember how he would cheese it up for the camera. I love it. Cute kid!!
I would have died. I hate slimy things. Nasty. I love Michael's smile too!
haha. yes it is nice to not have that picture right on top anymore! And that frog is kinda freaky. But I thought chelsea looked cute. Michael too. He is so funny.
~melissa
Hmm, you haven't been posting as much lately. How are you feeling? Do you have any other news for us???:) haha btw you totally had me thinking along those lines by the name of this post.:)
Post a Comment