Friday, September 19, 2008

Swimming in the Columbia River

So what do we do with our days full of sunshine? We go swimming in the Columbia river, of course!



So, I admit, I have only waded in. It hasn't quite gotten hot enough outside for me to get in the 70 degree water, but the kids loved it! (It's mainly in the upper 80's when we go...it's got to be much hotter than that...)

Although you can go swimming pretty much anywhere along the Columbia, there are boats coming and going all the time, so it might not be the best idea. We found a roped off area with a dock you could jump off of.

Michael, as always, loved the dirt.


Chelsea too, for that matter....


Dan was the man to get in the cold water to catch the kids as they jumped off.





I was there to warm them up when they got cold.

All in all, we make a pretty good team.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow that looks cold. I am with you Trisa it has too be like 100 degrees out before I think about getting in. That's probably why we don't go swimming a lot. It looks like you are finding lots of fun things to do where you live. Did Dan get his license yet?

PerryParty3 said...

MIchelle-
Nope, no license. ARGH!!!

Erin R. said...

What a fun day! We would have loved to have been there with you guys to go swimming even in the cold water. What.....no license yet?? How frustrating!!!

Katherine said...

I love to swim! Every time I see a river I want to jump in! I love that last picture of you warming up your kids! How fun!

tawna said...

AWWWWW! So cute.